S I X

B E N E ' S   P O V

I had no idea where Lina went after I punched that guy. She was with me for like an hour and then she disappeared again. It did worry me when I didn't know where she was. It sounds controlling and creepy but I didn't want anything to happen to her. But then I saw her, standing outside the house arguing with Jo. That was new. Those two were inseparable. They never fought or argued but there they stood and Jo was shouting loudly at Lina. Everyone heard. It was at least 50 people in the house who heard her scream at Lina.

"No wonder your dad hunts you down and tries to kill you! You are such a waste of time and effort!" She shouted when the DJ turned the music down and everyone gasped. Both Lina and Jo turned their heads towards the windows and saw everyone watching them. Lina's eyes were a long way from dry and the tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Happy now? Now when everyone knows why I can't walk the streets alone or do anything without apologising." She asked her crying. You could see in Jo's face that she knew she fucked up. Lina backed away from her and walked back inside.

"Lina." I said and she just waved me off and made her way through the crowd of people. I looked over at Jo who just gave me a glare. I started to walk out to her and I felt Julian try to pull me back but I got out of his grip and made my over to Jo.

"You think that was necessary?" I asked her.

"She needed to hear the truth." She said trying to defend her ridiculous actions.

"She? Needed to hear the truth? Are you out of your fucking mind!?" I asked her.

"She trusted you." I said.

"Well she should think before acting like a bitch to me." She said and I sighed.

"You can't just go and treat her like she is trash! You if someone knows her and her background." I said and she just scoffed.

"What did she do that was so bad that you needed to out her in front of everyone?" I asked.

"She was bitchy." She said, like that was an answer.

"Are you serious? That's your defence?" I asked and she shrugged her shoulders.

"Omg Jo! You are being so fucking ridiculous." I said and she just looked down at the ground.

"Are you going to apologise?" I asked and she didn't say a word.

"Well, good luck with whatever game you are playing. I ain't going to be a part of it." I said and left her there alone. I made my way through the crowd to find Lina. I couldn't even begin to explain the anger I felt inside. I didn't know Jo that well, I've only met her a couple of times but by the way Lina had been talking about her you could tell that Jo was special to her. Like the sister she never had.

I looked for Lina everywhere, all over the house. She was nowhere to be found. It was a big house and she was a tiny person, she could hide anywhere she wanted. Jacob ran after me trying to find her but she were gone.

"Where the fuck can she have gone?" He asked.
And suddenly I felt my phone buzz and I picked it up to see Julian calling me.

"Hey." I said and all I could hear was someone sobbing and I felt my heart ache.

"Hi." I said in a soft voice.