Chapter 9

My eyes opened and I was in bed. When did I get here? I yawned and opened the door. Someone was sitting on a sofa in my house. I tilted my head, this guy looked familiar. I tried to think of who he was until it hit me like a ton of bricks. This was one of Goldilocks' toys.

"Hey —" He said as I walked to the kitchen. I looked over at him and pressed my lips together. He was around my age and had dirty blonde hair. He was thin and only about 5'10. I picked up a bowl of cereal. Who made this?

I spun around and looked over at the fridge, I knew the ass that was bent over digging out a carton of eggs. She was in my house. Whoa. I spun back around unsure if this was real or not. She stepped next to me and looked over at the bowl, "Not hungry today?" She pressed her lips together.

"Uh yeah I am," I said looking down at her.

She laughed, "Then eat stupid," I watched her pick up a piece of toast and throw it at the boy sitting on the sofa, "Dev catch," She said as the bread was flung at his head.

He caught it mid air and I smiled as she pulled herself up onto the counter and started to eat out of the same bowl of cereal that she just told me to eat. "Sometimes," the guy Devin started to say, "I wonder if you guys are dating or if Nora and I are dating."

She smiled up at him and raised an eyebrow, "Oh yeah," She turned to me and then back to him, "Well I guess I can just date both of you."

I looked her up and down. Her legs were silky and shiny, she was in Victoria's Secret red pajama shorts and white long sleeve shirt.

The day passed fast. Goldilocks spent the whole day here. She was amazing to be around in person, I liked being close to her. Warm vanilla followed her where she walked. The smell clung to everything she touched.

Devin seemed to get upset with every glance we gave each other and every word spoken. He was jealous because Goldilocks seemed more into me. It made me feel warm inside, like me and Goldilocks had more in common, she acted as though we did. Although she didn't know about everything, she had no clue Racer didn't just drop off the face of the earth, she didn't know I had spent months posted outside her window watching her to keep her safe, she had no idea I had seen her naked so many times I couldn't count.

She was none the wiser, Devin on the other hand had to go and soon, I had to break them up. Although I wasn't even sure if they were really together or not. Goldilocks was always with new people. She was a self proclaimed whore and proud of it.

It was getting late, the air outside was crisp, you could tell autumn was right around the corner. Goldilocks had come outside with me so she could smoke while I pretended to read a book. She curled up with her knees to her chest as she lit her cigarette. She looked so small sitting there. Most of the time Goldilocks made herself look tall and tough. Like she wouldn't take notice of you because she was going to step on you if you got too close. Right now she was a puddle on the ground.

"Are you okay?" I felt myself say before I thought. She looked over to me and tried to pull herself back together but was obviously struggling too.

She smiled, "I'm fine, just tired." Her voice sounded raspy and dry and she put the thing in between her lips.

I tilted my head to the side as I looked at what she was wearing, she was in a big t-shirt and little underwear that didn't cover much. Her clothes were wet. her hair was wet too and she had mascara running down her face. She smelled even stronger of vanilla. "Did it rain or something?" I said as she noticed I was looking at her for a little too long. I was trying to cheer her up. I wasn't sure what to do other than try to make her laugh or think I'm dumb.

"No-" She giggled, "I just got out of the shower stupid." I smiled to myself, it worked, she looked a little better now, "Ya know," She paused blowing smoke out of her mouth, "You seem to get me better than even Devin does and Dev has known me since I was like seven. If I'm being honest I never really wanted to date him. I didn't even want to sleep with him. I just wanted to make sure he stayed in my life no matter what and I thought this would be the best way to go about it." She word-vomited on to me.