The imposter

Amidst the labyrinthine depths of a nightmarish place they called the 'spider web,' Felix stumbled to the ground, his body heaving with exhaustion. He had been running tirelessly for what seemed like an eternity, searching for an escape route that eluded him at every turn. The oppressive darkness seemed to press down on him, suffocating and relentless.

Seeking respite from the horrors that surrounded him, Felix leaned against the cold, damp wall. He closed his eyes, finally allowing himself to surrender to the overwhelming emotions that had been building up inside him. The weight of loss, pain, and guilt bore down on his chest, causing tears to stream down his cheeks like a torrential rain.

His mind was a tumultuous storm, grappling with the knowledge that they had lost a dear friend, trapped in this malevolent place, and facing the unsettling revelation of a possible betrayer among them. All the while, the haunting memory of nearly killing Seungmin, haunted him. It was a relentless barrage of emotions that he had to suppress during their trials, but now, alone and defenseless, he couldn't contain them any longer.

As he sat there, the images of happier times flashed through his mind, each memory a bitter reminder of what was now lost. He longed for a chance to go back in time, to relive those moments when everything felt right and safe. The fervent wish that this nightmarish reality was nothing but a terrible dream welled up within him, and he slowly opened his tear-blurred eyes.

Yet, reality stared back at him like an unyielding force. He couldn't wipe away the tears clouding his vision; it was as if the tears themselves were a testament to the undeniable truth of his surroundings. His eyes fixated on a crimson hue that stood out amidst the dark hallway – a red door. The sight was captivating, yet haunting, drawing his attention despite the blurry haze.

Felix remained there, his body feeling like stone, trapped between memories of the past and the grim reality of the present. The only sound that permeated the silence was the echo of his heartache, beating in sync with the relentless ticking of time in this sinister place. And as he sat there, the red door seemed to mock him, a glaring symbol of uncertainty and danger in the bleakness of the spider web.

After mustering the strength to compose himself, Felix wiped his tear-stained cheeks dry, determined to find out what had drawn his attention. There, in bold black lettering against a striking red border, a sign stood tall, proclaiming, 'No entry allowed!'. A sense of disappointment washed over him as he had hoped this unusual sight might offer an escape from the nightmarish web he found himself entangled in.

Despite the warning, a glimmer of hope flickered within Felix, urging him to defy the sign's decree. With a mixture of trepidation and curiosity, he reached out and grasped the doorknob, slowly turning it. To his astonishment, the door gave way, creaking open, and he stepped inside.

His eyes widened in shock and a touch of excitement as he beheld an entirely different world beyond the threshold. The walls retained their familiar appearance, but now bathed in the warm glow of bright yellow lights, the once dreary white wallpaper seemed almost inviting, casting away the shadows that had plagued the rest of the accursed place.

The hallway stretched out before him, a path to an unknown destination, while doors lined the walls on either side. Eager to explore this unexpected haven, Felix attempted to open each door he passed, only to find them stubbornly locked. However, undeterred by the obstacles, he pressed on, his footsteps echoing through the newfound haven.

The ambiance here was a stark contrast to the despair that permeated the rest of the spider web. The yellow glow brought a sense of cheerfulness and hope, lifting some of the burden from Felix's heart. Although the locked doors denied him access to other areas, he found solace in the fact that he had discovered this refuge amid the desolate maze.