🎋Chapter 3【Transformation】

Y/N heads home as the sun begins to set.

She hums as she hurries on her way, eager to get back home for dinner.

As she walks past a dark alleyway, she sees something lying on the ground. Something small and orange.

"…A goldfish?"

Y/N kneels down to pick it up.

It flops around in her hands weakly.

"Where do I get a container of water? There are no rivers nearby as well…" Y/N wonders, whipping her head from side to side, desperate for something useful.

"Maybe I can borrow a cup from the shops nearby?"

Cupping the poor fish carefully in her hands, she dashes out of the alleyway. Failing to catch sight of a china vase that definitely looked out of place in a corner of the dirty alleyway.

She walks in the shade of the buildings to avoid the sunlight that has been irritating her eyes.

Abnormal movement in her hands forces her to look at the goldfish.

"What in the world…!"

Tiny arms had sprouted from the goldfish's gills, grabbing onto her hands.

Y/N lets out a scream of terror at the horrific creature in her hands, attempting to toss it away.

The goldfish bites down on her finger.

"Let go…!" Y/N pries the creature's teeth from her finger and flings it away.

She examines her finger. No serious wounds, but the goldfish had bitten her hard enough to make her bleed.

"What was that…?"

A searing pain jabs at her temple, causing her to sway involuntarily.

Clutching at her head, Y/N sinks to her knees to prevent herself from toppling over.

Pained hisses escape her lips as the throbbing in her temples worsen.

"What…what's happening…?"

Slumping to the ground, she gives in to the pain and her consciousness fades away.

------------------------------

"It worked!" Gyokko cackles, coming out of the alleyway once the sun had gone down fully.

He picks up the goldfish and it sinks into his palm.

"I managed to catch the Sound Pillar's daughter! Hopefully nothing would go wrong during her transformation. He will be so proud of me!"

------------------------------

"Y/N…"

"Y/N…"

Y/N groans and props herself up on her elbows.

"Wha…what happened…?"

She couldn't see anything - not even herself; everything was pitch-black all around.

But…was that Tengen's voice calling out to her? Along with the Pillars' and her friends'?

"Dad…?" Y/N calls out.

"Kanao…?"

The intense throbbing in her temples was gone, though a dull pain remained.

A new thought occurred to her at that moment.

Blood.

An unadulterated desire for blood.

She shakes her head in horror.

"No…I'm not a demon! Why…why would I want to drink blood!"

She feels a hand on her arm, the fingers closing around her wrist and tugging at it, the owner of said hand seemingly wanting her to stand.

Acting on her new instinct, she grabs it with a clawed hand with surprising speed and springs forward, sinking her sharp fangs into its wrist.