🎋Chapter 4【Dinner】

TW: Graphic mentions of violence

------------------------------

"Argh - !" Gyokko grabs onto the collar of Y/N's haori. "Let go!"

Y/N's teeth sinks deeper into his wrist instead.

Gyokko releases her haori, holding his arm out to glare at the girl, now a demon.

Her fox ears are laid back, fluffy tail whipping left and right in agitation, feathery wings flapping occasionally.

She hangs from Gyokko's arm by her teeth, glaring at him as well.

"Let. Go."

Y/N lets out a growl before flailing around, causing the Upper Moon to lose his balance and crash to the ground.

Only then did she let go, sitting with her tail curled up around her body, looking at him indifferently as if she didn't just make him fall a few seconds ago.

"Why you little - !"

He reaches out to grab Y/N's clothing but Y/N is quicker.

Whirling around at the sound of him moving, she ducks underneath his arm and gives him a harsh kick on his collarbone.

Gyokko falls on his back with a thud.

Y/N leans forward over the demon's head, her hands on her knees, looking at him in the eyes.

She straightens her back and proceeds to walk away.

Gyokko grabs onto her tail before gripping the back of her neck with his other hand.

He holds her in front of his face like a kitten, glaring at her.

"You! Who do you think you are?!"

The girl looks at him blankly, then bares her fangs at him.

"Don't you dare bare your fangs at an Upper Moon, you brat."

Y/N growls threateningly. Apparently she isn't going to listen to him anytime soon.

Gyokko shakes her. "Insolent brat!"

Y/N starts to shriek as well, flailing around and trying to scratch him on the face. She succeeds, raking her claws across his skin, leaving gashes of crimson.

"You - !"

Y/N swings a clawed hand upward, severing the Upper Moon's hand and landing on the ground with a thud. She scrambles to her feet and sprints away, charging towards a nearby forest.

"Hey!!"

The girl disappeared from his line of sight within an instant.

"Ugh! I'll find you when you get stronger and bring you to him myself!" Gyokko shouts after her.

"So make sure you don't disappoint us, little fox," he grins scarily.

------------------------------

Y/N doesn't know how long she has been running.

Every cell in her body screamed for her to leave, to escape from the person who grabbed the back of her haori.

He's dangerous.

Out of the corner of her eye, Y/N sees a deer wandering around. It was quite small, but she decides that it's enough.

She turns on her heel and dashes towards the animal, tackling it and pinning it to the ground with immense strength. She bit its throat, silencing it before it could let out a sound.

Hungry.

Dinner.

I haven't had dinner.

She chews on her food absently.

She remembers saying this word quite recently, but try as she might, she couldn't remember anything else.

She hears footsteps behind her. Barely audible, but there nonetheless.

She pricks up her ears and turns around, ready to fight anyone who dares take her food.

A person with light green and black hair gasps and hurries towards her.

"She's...a demon? But she's eating an animal...I need to bring her to Lady Tamayo!"

Y/N growls and pounces.

The person readies themselves and grabs the back of her haori as she approaches.

Y/N screams, agitated, trying to claw at the person, just like what she had done to Gyokko not long ago.

The person holds her at arm's length, looking closely at her features.

"Yeah, you're a demon all right."

Y/N tries to cut their hand off but they're quick to intercept the expected attack. They grab her hand and glare at her in the eyes.

"Be quiet, will you?!" They snarl back at her.

Y/N hisses and continues to struggle, eyes on her unfinished dinner.

The person sighs defeatedly, walking towards the carcass of the deer and setting the girl down.

They look at the girl, who seems to be thinking of something.

She then tears off a piece of meat, holding it out to them.

"Dinner," she says. "...have to eat something."

------------------------------

She remembered staring at her bowl of rice.

Her chopsticks remained untouched on the table.

Was this truly okay?

She remembered a gentle hand on top of her head.

"It's okay, you can take your time," the owner of the hand said.

A piece of meat was placed into her bowl.

"You have to eat something," another voice said. "Even if it's just a little, alright?"

------------------------------

A/N:

So...

Uhh...

I'm back!!!

A lot of stuff happened after I had left...

I lost interest in KNY quite a long time ago, but recently I rewatched the anime and slowly regained motivation to keep on writing this fanfic (TvT)

My current hyperfixations are Genshin Impact, Honkai Impact 3rd and Honkai: Star Rail. I'm currently more active on Tumblr.

Don't worry, I'm still planning on completing this fic ^^