Chapter 10.

Hawkins Radio: "Your Mama Don't Dance" by Poison

--

"Hargrove, you ready?" 

I looked down at her long legs, my eyes slowly traveling up to her rear. She gave a wild wave and motioned for me to come out.

"Hurry up we're going to be late!"

That smile, oh that smile. The way her mouth stretches out across her face, the way her lips slightly part, revealing her beautifully white teeth.

"I'm coming, god!" I slid on my jean jacket and closed the door behind me. She pulled on the car door handle and jumped into my passenger seat. Opening my glove box she flipped through all the cassette tapes I had inside until she found the Poison one I had just recently gotten.

"Perfect! I'm so excited!" She began humming along to the first song, eagerly swaying back and forth in the seat. I loved seeing her this excited, she looked like nothing in the world could ruin her day and I was blessed to be here enjoying it with her. Flipping down the passenger mirror she teased her hair up more and noticed me staring in her direction.

"We're going to die before we even make it there if you don't pay attention to the road!" she spoke quickly, pointing her finger back towards the road.

"You should let me braid your hair one day." She leaned across the vehicle to me, tugging on a strand of my hair. I switched hands on the steering wheel and used my right hand to swat her away.

"Yeah, when hell freezes over! That's never happening." She crossed her arms pouting in seat. "Such a baby!" I laughed shaking my head and returning my right hand to the wheel.

She sang along to every song the band played, she danced and moved around the entire concert. Just watching her had my legs sore, I was positive her voice would be hurting in the morning from how loud she was shouting. The ripped up cropped band shirt she wore road up multiple times and she fought it back down every time.

Jo took my hands and swayed along to the slower songs with me, trying to get me to dance with her. The couples around us were held in each other's arms and kissing unbothered by anyone else.

"Dance with me William. I know you can." She yanked me closer continuing to sway. My throat swelled closed having her this close to me and feeling her dance on me.

"Billy." I corrected her, noticing people beginning to stare and oh and ah over us.

"I can't dance, sorry." I removed my hands from hers and shoved them into my jean jacket pockets. She rolled her eyes and continued swaying on her own.

Why did she even want to be around me? I was nothing but an ass to her most of the time and she still stayed here, being the nicest person ever to me.