Chapter III

The first thing I hear when I come back to reality is my uncle asking me what I saw, after I tell him what my vision was he sits in a chair on the corner of the room and doesn't talk anymore, he just puts his hands on his mouth and stares at me. Diana seemed pretty tired, but now she finds the energy to talk again. She then proceeds to explain that she couldn't undo the blocking of my complete memories. What she could unlock was just the moments after the blocking took place. Diana says that whoever did it had a lot of skill, he could manage to set a block that would suppress memories after he applied the block.

- Thank you Diana, This is more than enough. —Richard says as he stands up preparing to leave and puts pressure on me to do the same.

- Wait! Are you leaving so soon? Is it because now you got what you wanted from me? I deserve better, after this long and you only come when I'm useful to you!? —She looks like she is about to cry while she says that, but my uncle doesn't seem to care.

- You make it sound cruel. But you know my reasons. —My uncle replies with an expressionless face, honestly don't know how he got to be so insensitive, even I can feel Diana's pain.

- Goodbye Diana. —Those are the last words that he says in that place, he doesn't even wait for a reply before vanishing with me.

Diana didn't say anything, I guess it was just her pain that made a knot with her tongue. And seems like Richard will share her vow of silence because he won't talk on the ride back home. He ignored all my questions. I wanted to know who that woman was, what he knew about my found memories, if it was real why I felt in that bed, my whole body changing in that way, because for me it felt surreal as a dream, or maybe a nightmare would be a more appropriate term. Finally when we arrived to my house, he responds to my last question.

- So what are we going to do now? —I ask him seconds before parking before leaving his car.

- We aren't doing anything, you are done here. Anything else you should ask Robert. —Richard says as he reaches to open my door, a direct order to get on my way now.

I don't even reply to that. I'm not happy with what he said, but he really meant it and no power in earth will make him change his mind, I can tell Diana has failed many times trying to do so, and she literally can change people's mind.

I act like I'm going to enter the house now until my uncle's car is no longer visible, then I go to the bushes and retrieve my backpack. At least I know a little more about what happened yesterday and where to look in the forest now, so I start this new adventure. I'm now trying to follow the path I took yesterday while on that man's control. I find the fence that leads to the "public" domain of the forest and I attempt to jump it off like I did the first time, but as much as I try I just feel ridiculous not being able to make it so I just climb it like an average escaping prisoner. There's a long walk ahead now, and as I'm looking for traces of that mysterious girl I just keep thinking about that first flashback I had when Diana hugged me. There's no doubt it was the same girl from the forest, but if Diana said that would be the last stolen memory, then that would mean that she was the last thing I saw before waking up this morning. I want to believe that, it not only would explain the mud on my rug, but it would mean that she was safe, or at least that those men didn't catch her back that day. What I wonder now is if she healed my wounds somehow. If there is people that can block memories and others than can unlock them, and if what I saw happening to my body was real, then I think is very possible for someone to have healing powers of some kind. At least thinking about her face makes me feel better, and that truly counts as a special ability for me.

I'm as far as I can go with the certainty that this was the path I followed, it is still pretty near to the park's second fence. I never went hunting with my dad or anything that would imply I know anything about tracking, I could try to look for my footprints but I wouldn't be fooling anyone, the best I can do now is follow the water stream, following the lead I got from that call. To be honest I'm scared now that I know where my phone could be, or to be precise, I'm scared now that I know who took my phone. I'm sure that if he tries to finish what he started yesterday there won't be nobody to stop him this time.