Chapter IV

I hear the sound of my aunt's motorcycle, I then leave the roof to meet with her. She hasn't changed too much in these years. She still has a colorful short hair, but you still can tell her natural tone is black. I spot several new piercings and her arms have more tattoos now, animal totems and spots where the ink makes it seem like she has reptile skin. Her clothes are black leather mostly, a true chopper. She parks her bike, the one that she used to work for days on that old workshop she worked at, seems like she fully customized it now. I feel calmer now that she is here, just seeing her again brings comforting memories to my head. I might want to smile at her, but it seems like I worried her quite a lot and maybe it wouldn't be appropriate to be happy when my family is missing.

Just after saying anything to her I remember something really important. I can't lie to her. I was always honest to her back when I was a child and she was like my big sister. There were no lies between us so I won't have any undesired awkward sensation from a past lie.

- David, What's up? -She says that quickly and quite worried, I feel a bit like she is overreacting but I guess is just that I don't see the true size of this.

- Well my parents are missing, maybe since yesterday afternoon. I came home and there was nobody here, early in the morning I realized, checked the garage and the cars are here so... -I explain her basically all what I know, she will know this is true.

- Bob and Laurie wouldn't do something like this, they wouldn't leave their home just like that. May I come inside? -Alice says while making her way to the house.

- I know, I tried calling them but there is no answer. -I say while we walk through the house. She is looking everywhere on each room, looking for something that could give us some clue I guess.

- By the way... I know about the no lies thingy. -I say to her, as I don't have any reason to hide that from her, and well that would ease further conversations.

- Oh. Did your father tell you about it? -She suddenly stops and asks me that. She seems quite surprised that I know that.

- Uncle Richard did. -I pronounce my uncle's name and Alice looks away instantaneously. She hate each other, they are complete opposites after all.

- That wasn't his call. Your father must have decided whether to tell you or not, and he knew it. What else did he tell you? - She says that like she is pissed off. Her last question makes me curious though, what else is there to know that everybody seems to be hiding from me?

- Just that basically. He just told me that straight fact, nothing more about it or anything else. And he did say it was because he owes it to my father. - I reply to her answer, and she seems calmed now.

- Well I guess it was matter of time for you to figure it out. I think I'm just jealous that he got to reveal that to you. David, there is stuff about our family that I'd love to show you, but like Richard, I can't, I promised to your father. -She says to me like when someone watches a movie and wants to talk about the ending with someone else, but that person hasn't seen the film so the first person can't fully release his thoughts.

- I wanna know! It's not fair that my dad kept me on the dark about this curse all my life, and I have the certainty that this is just the tip of the iceberg. At least just confirm that to me, would you? -Now I'm pissed, and I can't contain myself from saying my thoughts.

- Like I said, you would eventually discover about the lies. Yes there is more about our family that has been kept a secret from you. But unless Bob decides that he will no longer keep those things hidden from you, I will not tell you anything else. -She puts her hand on my shoulder and tries to talk me out of my anger.