Chapter 1. My New Life

Brynleigh

Brynleigh

RULE # 1: New Life

- Each day is a new beginning, the chance to do with it what should be done and not be seen as simply another day to put in the time.

I'm Brynleigh Margaret Mixon I'm making my own rules in this book called 'Golden Rules' It means a basic principle that should always be followed to ensure success in general or in a particular activity. One of The golden rules in this book is promptitude.

When I turned Ten my mother had to move to see my dad and my siblings. My mother Melanie Mixon was Filipino and my dad Drake Mixon is American. We made it to the airport and drove a taxi to go home. I opened the car window and saw my home.

Home sweet home. I breathe and wind my hair she taps my shoulder and smiles. "Are you so excited sweetie!"

"Yeah, mom I'm so excited I'm glad we finally see my father and siblings." I was giddy up to see my siblings. Then I carried my suitcase and hers. My mother knocks on the door and presses the ring bell. We have been waiting. This is changing my new life there to be making new friends and having time with my family.

My father opens the door seeing he covers his mouth and gasps happily to see us.

"Melanie!"

"Oh, Drake I missed you!" She hugged her husband and they kissed their lips with each other. Then he saw me and hugged me as well tightly removing me.

"My Brynn you grew up."

"Thanks, Dad," I replied to my father seeing a couple of each other. My mother and father get married 5 years before we get born raising me and my siblings. I saw my father behind my older sister Dallas.

"Dallas!" I waved my hand to her and she saw me run towards me and hugged the ground crying.

"Brynn I missed you! Your other siblings are missing you." She said removed me and answered speaking in Tagalog.

"Talaga!"

In English 'Really' she nodded. Dallas follows me to go into my brand new room third on the left. Seeing frivolity whole white wall there's my bed. I need more decoration. Dallas holds my shoulders and giggled. "So what do you think."

"It's fine to empty my room, but I'm gonna make some decorating." I think my hand put chin. Able to comprehend my room. Then I heard talking parents and my Siblings. I go downstairs to see my Oldest Sister Ashley and my little brother Ares.

"Lynn!" Ashley called me a nickname squealing and hugged me like a big sister. I hugged her back. "I miss you, sis."

"You to Ashley," I replied to my sister and saw Ares holding hands with Ashley. Then I pick to lift my brother's giggles. He is 4 years old and able to speak and still processing.