Prologue

It's cold day within panem the news of the annual quarter quell begins to play across panem, "On the 25th anniversary, as a reminder to the rebels that their children are  dying because of their choice to initiate violence, every district will be made to hold  an election and vote on the tributes who will represented their districts" president snow says with a cold tune, this new breaks the hearts of many through panem, as now neighbors are voting their neighbors to be sent to their deaths.

I wake next to my twin sister sleeping she as good as safe unlike me, no one will vote her, she got so many friends I think compared to me. I'm an outcast here in district 4, I been staying in all night ever since I heard the news of the quarter quell this year, the twist is a awful twist.

One I can't stand to think about, one that keeps making its ways into my nightmares,

It doesn't help that I only have my twin sister because mother died when we were born, father buried her out back. Father couldn't take it without mother, so he left.

Me and my sister were forced to grow up by our selfs raising each other, unfortunately I didn't get the Beaty my sister got, she got blue eyes and blonde hair like my father, but me I got blue eyes and black hair from mother, it doesn't help that she gets better grades and does over all better than me. I wish I was as safe as she is right now.

I wish we could switch places, she being me having all of my insurances and my  imperfections.

As the sun begins to raise, I turn my attention to the window when I remember what day it is, the reaping for the quarter quell. I really hope they didn't vote on me.

I begin to get ready for the day as my sister wakes up she goes to take a shower so I just I can't take one till she done. I decide to pick out the clothes I'm going to wear for today, I open our closet to find a pretty blue dress, I take it in my hands and look at the cracked mirror that sits on the wall in our room.

Half an hour later my sister walks out of the bathroom wearing a white dress, she looks up at me "morning sis" she says. I smile, "morning sis" I say back as I walk into the bathroom, I lay out the dress I picked and grabbed the only other towel we have.

I turn on the shower and get in, I begin to sing a light tune father taught me before he passed away, before me and sis lost everything. I miss father I wish he come home. I wish he didn't give up on us after mother die.

Half and hour later I turn off the kinda hot water and get out of the shower, I put on the blue dress after I dye myself off. I fix my hair into a bun, because it's the fancy hairstyle I know I can do well.

I walk into the kitchen where my sister eats her breakfast she looks up at me "you worried to much sis" she says. "That's happens when you're overthinker" I say back.