~the goodbyes~

The escort leads me into a small room, it's blue with a white coach in the central of the room, peacekeepers stand gaurd as if I'm some kind of wild animal trying to escape.

Which if I didn't volunteer for my best friend I might as well have been trying to escape this life that's mine, or should I say nightmare because that's what it beginning to become.

I turn around to see my twin sister walk, her face full of emotion, the emotion I only seen very little of, she tries her best to lighty smile to me. But her eyes say it all, "I don't want you to die sis" the very words she wants to say but they never come out. Instead they stay within the dread in the air and hang over us.

"Sis I know we don't have the best relationship, but I just want you to know how much I love you" she says, she bites her lip and pulls me in for a big hug, my eyes shut as I feel a tear roll down the outline of my face, I hear the clock tick the one that tells you when you're time is up.

I open my eyes and watch my sister leave as I do I remember all of our memories and are force to say goodbye to them to make this easier on myself. "Just let her go" I tell myself as I begin to try and ease all of the memories, the scars, everything gone from my mind.

A monent later my best friend Lara walks into the room, her face full of emotion as well, her eyes circle under them telling me she hasn't slept or has been crying, she tries to smile at me. "You really didn't have to, volunteer for me" she says, but I did have to volunteer, I know very well that if I let her go into those games i would of lose one of my only friends and a best friend at that.

She's the person who gets me the most, which is why we hanged out a lot, tears continue to make their way down my face.

She pulls my hand to hers taking it in her warm ones, she brings the hand up to her mouth and kisses it so ever lightly, as she whispers the words which will haunt me till I die within the area, "I never did get to tell you how I feel" she whispers, so lightly I almost can't hear it, and if we weren't this close I wouldn't of have been able to.

"How you feel?" I ask looking at her, she nods and kisses my check as I hear the clock tick, I watch her shadow fade and find my self all alone with just my thoughts which aren't at all helping me.

My words always strike to kill me when my anxiety is high and hard to control.

I begin to run my fingers through my hair to calm my self down, to calm my nerves. But it does very little to help me, a couple minutes later the escort walks into my room and leads out into the hallway where I can see my district partner standing he doesn't seem at all as effected as me, he seems almost happy to be chosen as if it some kind of great spots event or something, when in fact it's us being sent to our deaths.

"Shit, I don't want to die" I say under my breath in a very broken tune, I begin to rub my hands together to keep them from freezing.

Our district escort begins to lead us to the train, which is the most luxurious thing I ever seen here in district 4. The door of the train opens up as I get onto it, so this is the moment I say goodbye to everyone and everything I know, as I mostly likely won't be returning home. I die somewhere and somehow in the area, at least it be a strangr who kills me I think to myself but does that really make it any better? I thought not.

I stepped into the train. "So it off to the capitol" I say only loud enough for myself to hear because I don't want to seem weak or that I given up already that would make very easy prey to all of the other tributes which I refuse to do.

"No tomorrow,  no tomorrow,"  I begin to lightly sing the lyrics of my favorite song.

The one father taught me as a kid, it holds good memories to me. The kind I would never want to forget.