Chapter 1

hellooooooooo lovely people! this is the sashannarcy fic that i promised like idk 2 weeks ago or something. i know updates to the original fic have been stagnant, but i simply ran out of things to write about. i think the problem was i moved things along too fast, and i ended up with nothing to write pretty quickly. this time around, ill be trying to pace myself a bit better, and maybe we can get a longer fic out of it! this will be after the events of The Hardest Thing, so spoiler warning! like always, i am very new to writing fanfiction, so constructive criticism is greatly appreciated <3 now, lets get to the gayness you all came here for.

(still she/they anne and ADHD marcy btw hehehehe)

...

Marcy POV

I can't believe how long it's been since I've seen Sash or Anne! Like I know I've facetimed them loads, but that's not the same. I'm finally flying back to our hometown to visit them, after nearly ten years of being apart!

After The Core was defeated, I kind of expected things to be semi "normal" again. But I seemed to forget that my parents still needed to move for my dad's job. It was sad, but the last time I resisted the move... well, yknow.

So they moved only a few weeks after being back from Amphibia. Practically on the other side of the country too, but I was contemptuous of it. I knew things were going to change, and I knew I would still keep in touch with the other two, but eventually we talked less and less, they moved on with their lives and I moved on with mine.

You would expect saving both earth and another planet from intergalactic tyrants and earning linked godly powers would make them inseparable, but you'd be amazed at what distance can do.

It was sad, but understandable. But I'm finally flying back, and for Anne's birthday! They are turning 23 tomorrow, and despite how long It's been since I've actually gotten her a gift, the last one being not so well received to say the least, but this time, I've got the perfect gift.

As I stepped out onto the domestic pickup, A blond haired woman standing in front of a convertible waved and shouted, "Marce! Over here!" My head snapped to the voice and a grin quickly grew on my face. "Sash! It's you!"

I quickly ran into an embrace with the tall girl, savoring every second I was in her strong arms. As she pulled away, I could feel a twinge of sadness prick at my heart. "Huh, what a weird feeling " I thought, dismissing the feeling pretty quickly.

"Cmon, let's go pickup Anne from work, she'll be off soon! Then we can go to a bar or something and celebrate properly!" I nodded quickly and ran to the passenger side door, sitting on the comfy leather seats.

As I looked around Sasha's car, I couldn't help but notice the Bisexual pride flag on her rearview mirror. A small smile formed on my face, for whatever reason, the knowledge that Sasha's bi made me almost alarmingly happy.

Once again, I brushed it off and turned to face the girl. "Anne's a Herpetologist now, right?" Sasha nodded as she sat down in her seat and started the car. "Yup, she works at the aquarium and teaches people about frogs n stuff."

We pulled out onto the interstate and started towards the aforementioned aquarium, the wind blowing Sasha's hair in an almost movie-like way. It was dreamy.

She continued, "When I first heard what she wanted to do, I thought it was almost ironic, considering how much she used to hate frogs. But they're amazing at their job, I can't think of anything more perfect for them to do."

Sasha stared out the front window with an almost dreamy look on her face. To be honest, I can't blame her. Anne was always the type to surprise, and this was no different. As I thought back on everything they did, from the fight with Andrias, to sacrificing her life for Amphibia, she was constantly exceeding everybody's expectations.