Chapter 5

WOOHOO the long awaited chapter 5, for real this time! a bit of a shorter chapter this time around, and I did intend for it to be longer than this, but i felt like this was a really good spot to leave off this chapter! expect the next one soon because of this, i really did want to write more of this chapter hehehe. as always, thank you all so very much for all of the love this has gotten, it's very encouraging <3

...

Despite how well everything seemed to wrap up, I was still the same girl I was when I first arrived. So needless to say, it was still very easy to catch me off guard with things that these two considered normal.

The cute way they would talk to me, their sudden compliments, putting their hands on my shoulders, quick kisses on the cheek, all without warning of course. It was all a lot to acclimate to, and I don't know if I could ever get used to it.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, though. I was happier than I have ever been, it just so happened that my legs were ready to give out at any moment and my arms were not in any better condition.

I excused myself to try to get a breather from the volly of love that I was being "subjected" to and waved the bartender down. He quickly walked over to where I was sitting and politely asked, "What can I get you, Ma'am?"

I glanced over to the other two for a moment, seeing how much more happy they both seemed compared to earlier tonight. I knew this was grinding on Anne, but was Sasha really beating herself up over this?

They both really do care for me deeply... The thought made my cheeks feel slightly warm, and I rested my head on the table to try to ease my weariness.

 They were both just so... perfect. In every way, and in their own ways. What was it that they saw in me? I mean, I don't consider myself ugly by any means, but compared to them, anybody would feel a little ashamed of their reflection. It simply wasn't a fair competition.

Their personalities as well, they were both so wickedly different, yet both equally lovable in their own right. And don't even get me started on-

 "Ma'am? Would you like to order?" I was startled back to the real world by the bartender's voice, despite the fact that I called him over. Jeez, what a mess I've become.

Um... yeah, just get me a Fireball, please." The waiter nodded and began to scurry off. "Wait!" I shouted to him, maybe a little too aggressively. He spun his head around in surprise and asked, "Yes?"

 I sat there for a few moments staring at him, like he was the stupid one in this situation. Finally I was able to spit out, "Make it two glasses actually. Something tells me I'm gonna need it." He nodded again and ran into the back to grab a new bottle, which surely meant that it would be better quality. Probably.

While he was in the back, my gaze somehow managed to fall onto Anne, who was "coincidentally" looking at me as well. She gave me a smile before she whispered something to Sasha. Sasha nodded in response to this, and Anne began to walk over to where I was sitting.

My heart began to pound once again at the sight of her getting closer, and I sat straight up to try to appear not so aloof. They very obviously noticed this and giggled quietly to themselves. Too cute...

She sat next to me and rested her head on her hand as our eyes locked. For a moment we simply looked at one another in silence, and I couldn't hear anything else in the bar, just the pounding of my heart in my ears.

Finally, the bartender returned from the back with the fresh bottle, popping the cap off and pouring two glasses in front of us, and then slid one to me and one to Anne. I had intended to drink both of these myself, truth be told, but this works too.