Chapter 2

woah man chapter two already?? goin crazy with this writing thang. i was so surprised at how many people have already read the last chapter, its so encouraging to write more! and yknow its fun for me, so really no reason not to :) hope you all are enjoy, and as always im very new to writing fanfic, so constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!

As the three of us stepped into the bar, I was extremely thankful that it was still midday, because bars are notoriously noisy and can be extremely overwhelming. Only a few people were here now, 2 guys at a table in the corner, 1 passed out in a booth, and a girl at the bar.

There was music playing in the background, but it wasn't too loud. I'm not a big fan of bars in general, if I'm going to be getting drunk anyways I'd rather be comfortable in my own home so I don't have to be worried about what I may do while drunk. Normally I just act kinda sleepy, but there have been times where I've made an absolute fool of myself. I'd rather not think about that though, I'm having a rough day as it is.

We all sorta just stood there for a moment, waiting for one of the others to move first. I shifted my gaze to Sasha, looking at her beautiful golden hair and her rugged denim jacket that fit her a bit too well. And then to Anne, still in their work clothes that looked way too perfect for work clothes. 

Sasha was right, being a Herpetologist fit her so well. I thought back to the car ride to the aquarium and how Sasha was talking about them. That voice she used, and that look in her eye... I wish she would talk about me like that.

Sasha turned to look at Anne, which she reciprocated. They looked at one another with such understanding and care, and I could only wish that I was in between those gazes.

As I thought that, as if almost reading my mind, they both turned to look at me, with almost the exact same face. My face got slightly warm, but I held their gaze. Anne had that same look from before, like she wanted to ask her something, but felt like she couldn't.

I thought back to the car, when she almost did ask, but Sasha stopped her. What could they possibly be wanting to ask? It was driving me absolutely mad, and I felt like screaming until I couldn't scream any longer.

Even if it was something that could potentially make me feel worse, it's better than just sitting in limbo between Anne wanting to ask and Sasha not wanting her to. Whatever it was, it must've been something serious, because it looked like it was really weighing on Anne. And as much of a bad mood I was in, it broke my heart seeing her that burdened.

Neither of them said anything though, Sasha simply turned and headed towards the bar. Anne lingered a bit longer, a blush barely visible on her cheeks as I held her gaze. They looked towards Sasha, and then back to me, and then sighed. "I need to talk to you later. When we're not around Sasha."

My heartbeat quickened at this, and instantly my curiosity was piqued. "Um... Can I know what about?" I asked, nervously. They began to wring their hands again, which I had noticed they had been doing a lot lately.

"I don't... I think it would be better to wait." She mumbled. I felt a little disappointed, but still insanely curious. What could she want to say to me that Sasha didn't want her to? And something so serious as to go behind Sasha's back?

It was almost too much to process, so finally I responded, "Well, let's go get some drinks I guess. I could use a distraction."

Immediately after saying that though, I regretted it. Anne looked at me with a weary look, but turned and walked to where Sasha was sitting. Gods, could I for once say something that didn't make her sad? No wonder they were dating Sasha instead of me.