Chapter Ten

Chapter 10 //

Before

He kissed her and kissed her and kissed her. And then he wondered if he would ever love anyone as much as he loved her. The musky smell of lust covered the room in a thick black sheet. The storm ranged on outside their window, which wasn't covered. Lighting blew up the room, illuminating their joined figures in a hollow bird-bone white light. His bangs were sticking to his forehead, but swung low on the sides, curling just above his ears. His corded muscles created shadows across his lean frame. Dipping low, he continued to move steadily: slowly. He moved, his eyes never leaving her closed eyelids. He watched pleasure coat her face like a Venetian mask.

Confidence exuded from his body like a halo, glowing brighter and deeper than the center of the sun. She was his. This time it would be different. He could sense it in the thickness of his marrow. It sloshed inside of him like the ocean, washing to the shore starfish-shaped wonderment.

A low growl made his body shudder over hers as she dug her cherry-colored nail into his hips. His back. His shoulders. His sky blue hair. A low moan fell from between Nina's lips as he ground his hips into her. He gripped the bed frame behind her head. The muscles on his back twisted and clenched. The corners of it dug into the heels of his palms as he struggled to contain his thrusts. Indents from the frame dug into his flesh. His feet curled into the damp-from-the-shower blue bed sheets. He pushed his body closer and closer to hers.

She begged for him to go faster beneath him. Clasping the covers, she begged for him to let her go. Let her go.

"Let me go." He can feel her spasms all over. It echoes in his lungs. "Oh my god, love, let me go."

He shook his head and kissed the brown-flushed-pink skin beneath her jaw bone, nipping his way to her ear.

"I think we should make this last a little while longer, darling," she moans she shakes her head back and forth. Her thick, brown curls bunch in clusters around her head. Slow trickles of sweat run down her breast done, down her forehead. She grinds her teeth, her breath coming out in heavy pants. His mouth parts, watching facial expressions flutter across her features like the wings of monarch butterflies. He felt like he was in the presence of a queen, a force to be reckoned with.

This was the girl for whom he would rebuild his falling-apart home for. He'd take up a hammer to his own home and paint the exterior white. He's cut the dead grass and trim the tree branches. He's build new porch rails and fix the front steps. He would burn for her if she could trust him. He would burn the whole world for her, if she wanted.

(if only someone had taught him that love doesn't need to rage)

He brings one of his hands down from the fame to stoke his calloused hand over her soft rose-colored cheeks before bringing it between her legs. And then she was gone.

He fell on top of her body before quickly rolling to the side, pulling her into his and curling his large frame around her small one. He felt protective her of. He couldn't imagine himself ever hurting her. Punishing her. Hunting her. He smiled while he feels her plush lips kiss his bicep. A low breath folds out of her- the darling, beautiful, kind, blue-eyed beauty- and she's asleep.

They woke up the next morning with their legs entwined. The storm was still raging on from the night before. She offered him a sleepy smile before rushing off to brush her teeth. Smiling, he watched her steal the covers from the bed and wrap them around her naked body as she rushed to the bathroom. She shut the door behind her with a quiet click- the sound of the lock holding place. He listened until he heard the water running and then opened the side drawer in the bedside table. He pulled on his pants from the night before and clutched the cold, metal key in his hand.