Chapter 2

It was 11 in the night, when Rajesh and Aravind successfully dodged all the guards and barged into Ak's mansion. 

" Dei! Enna da panna en thangachiya! Dhairiyam irundha velila vaada! " , Aravind shouted like a mad man while Rajesh only gestured him not to shout. 

Sivaangi slowly walked downstairs, tearing seeing her brother and father. Aravind's eyes brimmed and he mentally murdered Ashwin on seeing her in an old saree with no light in her eyes. 

Just before he could hold her and drag her from there, Ashwin swiftly caught her by her arm and protectively wrapped her shoulders before giving the bewildered duo a wide smile. 

"Deii! " , Aravind raised his voice but Ashwin was ever calm. 

" Ada! Iru da! Yen avasaram padra?! " , Ash mocked as he took out a few papers and placed it before them on the tea poy. 

Chuckling to their shocked faces, Ak broke the silence, " Inga paaru, indha company enakku evlo important nu unakku theriyum. Naa indha project ku avlo kashta patten. Simple, indha project venam nu nee sign pota, un thangachi ah unkoodaye anupi vechidren. Epdi vasadhi?! " , he smirked raising his brows. 

To be in shock was an understatement to Aravind. If they get the project then no one can stop them from attaining the No.1 position. But on the other side was his sister. How can he choose anything over her. As he was contemplating to accept and sign, he heard Ashwin's throat clearing sound. 

" Neenga sign podala naa, enakku oru prechanaiyum illa. Naalaike enakkum unga ponnukum kalyanam nadakum, Atchadha poda varuvingala machan?! " , Ashwin asked biting back his smile while the latter grit his teeth. Rajesh who was silently observing till then, sprang back to life. 

Ashwin turned to see Sivaangi reaction , she only did a face palm and kept muttering " Pochu Pochu Pochu " as if it were a mantra. Perplexed, he turned around to find Rajesh grinning at him. 

Enna da nadakudhu inga?

"Engaluku indha kalyaanathula paripoorna samadham!" , Rajesh happily declared, as Ashwin felt a thunderclap on his head, those words were echoing in his mind and flashes of a devil Sivaangi with two red coloured horns came in front of him making his breath unstable and almost collapse. Sivaangi was muttering something and Ashwin knew it would definitely be curse words by her glare. 

" Paa! Enna olarringa?! " , Aravind looked at his father in disbelief. But Rajesh simply nudged his shoulder and told him to stay quiet. 

" Seri paa! Appo naanga varom! Naalaiku kalyanam epdi kala katta pogudhu nu mattum paaru! Nalla sirappa ellarum serndhu atchadha thoovurom! " , he grinned and pulled Aravind out, leaving behind a horrified Ashwin. 

" Yow! Loosu loosu! Arrivu irukka da unakku! Paithiyam Paithiyam! Paakraan paaru nalla! Mutta payale! Kiruk-" 

" Enna ma? Ipdi thittura.." , Ashwin asked her in a lowered voice. 

" Pinna enna konjuvaangala? Nee panna velaikuu.  Arghhh! " , Sivaangi groaned as she forcefully hit the air with her clenched fists. 

Looking at his bewildered face, she sighed and kneeled down to him placing her head in his palms and said lowly, " They were already planning to get me married to you" . 

" And youuu! You made it much easier! Maanga! " , she scowled making Ashwin want to bury himself right away. This backfire was too big to handle. 

" Ippo enna ma panradhu? " , he broke after a pregnant silence of 10 mins. 

" Huh?! Kalyanam! " , Sivaangi snarled and walked away leaving Ashwin to his own bubble of thoughts. 

Sleep was long forgotten for both of them. Both basked in the envious silence , their minds battling between different questions. 

As on a cue, this matter reached Ravi's ears and they set to come in the morning. At 6 when Sivaangi came out to help herself with a glass of water, she saw her Ravi uncle and Devi aunty entering. She became emotional on seeing them after a long time but quickly masked it up when a devilish, evil, cruel idea struck her. 

Without them noticing she rushed into Ashwin's room and locked the door from inside but the man child was fast asleep. She immediately got to the dresser, took the lipstick she carried and smudged it on her lips, she did the same to him and crumpled her saree along with ruffling her hair. She unbuttoned the first few buttons of his shirt and waited patiently with a devilish grin sprawled across her face. 

" Achu! Ashwin kanna! " , Devi knocked the door. After waiting impatiently for 2 minutes, Sivaangi opened the door with a shy smile and quickly acted like keeping a straight face and then shock. 

Aaha! Motha navarasathaiyum moonjila puzhinju vechirkiye ma!  

Devi almost clutched her heart at that sight. Sivaangi moved aside and ran to the restroom and Devi hesitantly moved towards her son only to find lipstick traces on his face. She and her husband stared at each other in horror, before Ravi assuringly patted Devi's back making her come back to the world. 

'Aiyayo! Romba over ah poitomo! ' , Sivaangi thought to herself as she watched the couple hiding behind the door. Seeing Sivaangi play a pee-kaa-boo , Ravi chuckled and called her. 

" Evlo valandhuta! " , he smiled and caressed her head making her eyes pool. Devi too joined and pecked her forehead. Sivaangi was taken aback, she did something silly to take revenge on him but his parents were pouring their love. Guilt overtook her as she stood there baffled. 

" Amma! Paa! Eppo vandheenga! " , Ashwin exclaimed getting a chuckle from his father and glare from his mother. Ashwin leaned back to look at the mirror and gasped noticing his shirt unbuttoned and lipstick on his face. His gaze averted to Sivaangi's who kept looking at the floor, fidgeting with her saree's pallu. 

" Maa-" , Ashwin began but Devi cut him off and went to Sivaangi smiling. 

" Indha saree unakku azhaga irukku. Neeye vechuko! " , she kissed her cheeks and pulled Ravi out as they shouted a bigg 'bye' behind them leaving the house, letting Ashwin glare at Sivaangi while she only let out a sheepish smile and ran out of his room. 

How did you like it! 

I would be so happy to read your comments!