Chapter 1

"Sivu! Seekram va ma! " , Sita shouted from the hall. She could hear a faint " Idho varen Amma" from her daughter who was making her way downstairs. Sivaangi descended down the stairs in a flowy burgundy coloured dress, with a high knee slit. She walked down gracefully in her wine stilletos paired with a stone studded clutch, her hair tied into a messy french bun, the people invited to her house for the party looked at her in awe. 

" Appa, thangachi evlo valandhutaa la!" , Aravind told Rajesh who was looking at his daughter in pride on how she talked with her business mates. Just then they saw her coming towards them with a wide smile. " Anneyy! Epdi iruken?! " , she side hugged Aravind to which he simply kissed her temple and she smiled closing her eyes. 

Sita's eyes brimmed seeing her husband, son and daughter being so affectionate among themselves. She mentally took a note to suthi potufy them after the guests left. But she never knew she would regret procrastinating it. 

" Sivu , yen kazhuthula edhuvum podala? Po, poyi un bed mela naa vecha necklace ah potu va ma" , Sita nudged her daughter who went up unwillingly. 

Thakkanakku thakka dhum

Just when she placed the necklace in her neck and admired her reflection in the mirror, she heard some sound coming from the window sill. She slowly placed her necklace on the table and headed to the source. As she peeped out of the large window, she felt a huge hand grip her waist tightly, gasping she was ready to push the man by elbowing him but not before a palm closed her mouth. She squirmed under his hold but he only increased his hold on her. She stopped her movements when she felt his hot breath fanning her nape. 

He was holding her in one hand and clutching the rope in the other. She swiftly turned, holding on to him strongly. Despite his masquerade, she recognized him, for he was an old memory she would never regret cherishing. She sent daggers through her eyes while he did nothing but stare. 

Maayam seidhayo
Nenjai kayam seidhayo

For every inch down the rope, his grip on her waist and her grip on his collar increased. Little did they realise, along with this even the distance between their face decreased. Their breaths were almost colliding and 1000 questions ran in Sivaangi's mind. 

Kolla vandhaayo
Bathil solla vandhaayo..

He fell, the ground hitting his back and Sivaangi above him, perfectly cocooned in his embrace. He got up and wordlessly walked holding her dangerously close to him. All Sivaangi did was stare, stare and stare at him. 

Vaari sendrai pennai
Paarthu nindren kannai...

When the guards approached, he momentarily left her and swiftly swished him in the air making him land with a thud. He again held her but this time he carried her bridal style as she gasped. She didn't what was happening, questions flew in her mind like a storm yet she kept staring at that handsome which never bothered to battle an eye. 

Yedhu seithai ennai
Kettu nindren unnai. 

Till he walked into his mansion, Sivaangi didn't even realise that she was being carried away but when he started chuckling, she still in his arms. She let out a loud gasp and stood away from him. 

He removed the masquerade and took the towel from the table, casually wiping his nape and hair. It was Ashwin, the same Ashwin who she was seperated from when she was 6 and she wondered on how he still had the same magnanimous power to make her go weak in the knees with just a look in the eye. 

"Paravaalaye! Unna kadathradhu romba kashtam nu nenachen! Kathi koopaadu podaama neeye amaithiya vandhuta! " , Ashwin said chuckling. That's when reality hit her and Sivaangi widened her eyes in horror. 

"Youuu! " , she pointed her index finger, her anger in peaks. But Ashwin casually kissed her finger and held her chin with his 2 fingers motioning a 'ju ju ju ju' . 

" Indha ulaguthula irukka ellam keta vaarthaiyum unakku thaan padachirkaanga " , she clenched her jaw to which he simply stared at her. 

" En veetla therinja enna aagum theriyuma? " , she snarled. 

" Theriyardhuku dhana unna thookinen! Ini paaru en game ah! En appa savaal vita maariye, andha No. 1 edatha en company ah pudika veikren! Sorry kanna, aathukulla aayiram meen irundhum, indha meen thaana sikkikuchu! " , he smirked pointing at her. 

Anger rose in Sivaangi, she with all her might pushed him on the wall, her index finger piercing into the left side of his chest. " Aana indha meen ku thapikkavum theriyum, epdi thappu pannavana thandikanum nu theriyum. " , she smirked glaring at him. They both had a glare down letting themselves drown in the eyes of the other. Sivaangi blew an air kiss to which Ashwin visibly gasped as she went off, a clear smirk on her face. 

"Ippo naa enna podradhu?!" , Sivaangi screamed at the top of her voice startling Ashwin. He saw her clothes and sighed thinking he doesn't have any extra when a bulb lit in his brain. 

" Vaa " , he pulled her to another room who was whining to leave her. He made her stand in between an old, rusty cupboard and swung it open. Sivaangi removed the spider webs only to find old sarees, it was folded and neatly ironed probably kept in the memory of someone. 

" Idhu epdi.." , she fumbled with the saree when Ashwin smiled for the first time since he brought her and said , " Bayapadaatha, Amma dhu dhaan, Inga saree vechadhe en amma marandhutaanga. Nee kattiko edhum prechana illa" . 

"Illa venam.." , she lowered her voice to which Ashwin again asked, " Yen ma, ennachu? " 

" Illa enakku saree katta theriyaadhu.." , she said looking at the floor making him laugh hysterically. A smile crept on her lips hearing him laugh but she quickly shooed the thoughts away and went back to a pout. 

" Seri kudu, naa kattividren " 

" Etheyyy. Aiyyada! Idhu nalla kadhaiya irukke! " , she hmphed at him and turned away. 

" Un ishtam. Idhe dress laye thoongu. " , he said pretending to leave when he saw a hand extend with the saree. Smirking to himself he took it from her hands. 

Apdi vaa vazhiku! 

Sivaangi wore the blouse and the skirt and stood inside the restroom, her heart heavily pounding. Ashwin knocked the door for which she came out, her eyes not averting from the floor. What she expected was a smirk from him but what he did was widen his eyes and gasp, she saw his hands trembling, fiddling with the saree and chuckled to it. He slowly draped the saree, filled with his mother's scent around her. As he sat down to correct the fleets keenly, Sivaangi could not help but chuckle at him. He scrunched his nose and hmphed away before she caught him by his wrist. 

He froze and stood rooted to the ground, what he expected was a back hug but she slowly went behind him and gave him a loud pat on his bum making him widen his eyes and look at her in disbelief. 

"Paathathu podhum poyi thoongura vazhiya paaru! " , she shouted behind her making her way to her room. 

Adi paavi. Iva kita konjam jaakiradhaiya irukanum pa! 

Epdi irundhuchu? 👀

I would really appreciate your comments! ❤