Chapter 3

The banana tree was chopped in the right places, smeared with turmeric as people performed a puja. Ashwin was trying hard to process things happening in front of him. He was a mere doll dancing to their tunes. Yet, he felt different. Some instinct that screamed goodness. His eyes were busy wandering from place to another in search of her. 

Vando Oka Veyyo
Okaa Laksho
Merupulu Meediki Dhookinaaya
Endhe Nee Maaya

(A Hundred, Thousand
Or A Million
Lightning Jumped On Me
What Kind Of Magic Is This?)

His eyes landed on the gorgeous woman, exquisitely draped in a deep red saree with intricate gold patterns, her radiantly glowing face with almost no makeup only her lips adorning a warm smile making him almost gawk at her. She came and stood close to him, who was dressed in a silk dhoti and maroon shirt. 

Mundho Atu Pakko
Itu Dhikko
Chilipiga Teegalu Moginaaya
Poyindhey Soya

(Front Or That Side
Or This Side
I Heard The Mischievous Sound Of Strings! Oh Dear
And It's Gone)

He felt an invisible pull to her. She stood simply smiling but the whole of his body shook in pleasure seeing her that close to him. He felt different, ecstatic. 

Ittaantivanni Alavaate Ledhe
Attaantinaaki Thadabaatasalendhey

(I'm Not Used To All This
Why So Much Hesitation For Me?)

Till yesterday, he didn't have the slightest idea to get married and with her, a big no. But today, when he should be feeling sad and sulk, he was happily smiling, blushing infact thinking how the things turned. He wasn't ready for all this but now, no regrets. 

Undhe Dhadagundhe
Vidigundhe Jadisindhey
Ninu Jathapadamani Tega Pilichinadhey

(My Heart Is Almost
Feeling Different
Strings Ask Me To Get Attached To You)

He knew it was him for her. Anyway, this was gonna happen why not surrender. 

Come On Come On Kalavathi
Nuvvegathey Nuvve Gathi
Come On Come On Kalaavathi
Nuvvu Lekuntey Adho Gathi

(Oh, My Dear! Kalavathi
You Are Only My Fortune
Oh, My Beloved! Kalavathi
If You're Not There In Front Of Me, I'm Lost)

Immersed in his own thoughts, he looked up to find her coming towards him, who was sitting in the mandap as the priest continously chanted the mantra and put something in the fire, smoke blinding Ashwin's eyes. She walked slowly, her head bowed down as she sat next to him. Ashwin didn't realise he was openly looking at her before his mother, gave him a knock on his head and turned his face such that he faces the crowd earning a chuckle from Sivaangi who hasn't looked at him or spoke a word from morning. 

Mangalyam Tantunanena
Mama Jeevana Hetuna
Kanthe Badhnami Subhage
Twam Jeeva Sarda Satam

"Gettimelam! Gettimelam! " , the priest said making Ashwin bring the nuptial thread around her neck. It was the first time in the entire day, she looked at him straight in the eye. He could not read her expression yet gave her an assuring smile before tying those 3 knots, the families throwing the yellow rice and rose petals on the couple as Sivaangi shed a few tears despite a strong control. He placed the vermillion on her forehead partition making her close her eyes and feel the moment. 

Alas! She was Sivaangi Ashwinkumar now. 

Anyaayangaa Manasuni Gelikaavey
Annam Maanesi Ninne Chooselaa

(You Churned My Heart The Wrong Way
That I Stopped Eating And Kept Looking At You)

They were seated opposite to each other for lunch and all they did was steal glances of each other. Ashwin completely lost his appetite to eat after seeing her animatedly speak to her younger cousin, totally smitten! 

Dhurmaargangaa Sogasunu Visiraavey
Nidra Maanesi Ninne Thalachelaa

(You Wickedly Threw Away Your Beauty
That I Stopped Sleeping Thinking About You! Oh Dear)

Last night was a complete sleepless one for him. He rolled on the bed thinking about her and them. How she looked in his mother's saree! He buried his face in the pillow and groaned imagining her. 

Ranga Ghoranga Naa
Kalalani Kadhipaavey
Donga Andanga Naa Pogaruni Dochaavey

(You Dangerously And Colorfully
Moved My Dreams
You Have Very Beautifully Conquered My Arrogance, O Thief)

How sneakily she walked inside his heart and effortlessly robbed it! He still couldn't come in terms with their proximity when she pinned him to the wall, she dangerously close to him as she challenged him. The arrogant, workaholic Ashwin was long forgotten, that 'Thirudi' changed it all. 

Chinchi Athikinchi
Irikinchi Vadhilinchi
Naa Bathukuni Chedagodithivi Kadhavey

(You Tore, Glued, Folded, Sacrificed
And Turned My Life Upside Down)

If someone told him a week ago that anything, a single word can change his whole life he would've laughed it away. But today he stood admiring his newly wedded wife who he despised till the turn of events. She came, conquered his heart and kept it with her. All he wants in return is her's. But will she give that to him? 

Kallaavi Kalavathi
Kallolamaindhey Naa Gathi
Kurulaavi Kalaavathi
Kullabodisindhi Chaaluthi

(Are Those Eyes, Kalaavathi?
I'm So Confused
Are Those Locks Of Hair, Kalavaathi?
It Pricked Inside And That's Enough)

Ashwin's eyes roamed around her form as she came in with a glass of milk in her hands, locking the door behind her. He tried to look at her downcast eyes which showed nothing but love. Her medium tresses that were carefully braided and adorned with fresh Jasmine. 

But what happened next, threw him off the bed. 

She drank the whole glass of milk in one gulp. Moaning to it's taste, she wiped off the milk moustache and placed the glass next to the bed almost leaning over him. Without any words, she snatched her night dress from her messy, unarranged cupboard and walked to the closet to change. 

Ashwin blinked his eyes in horror, processing on what happened. She appeared yet again after a good 15 minutes and lied down next to him. Ashwin rolled his eyes and tucked himself inside the duvet and dimmed the lights before looking at her for one last time who had her eyes shut. 

Ashwin slowly opened one of his eyes to see Sivaangi looking at him with an admiring smile. Sensing his gaze, she quickly shut her eyes and pretended sleeping. Ashwin smirked and turned towards when she warned, her eyes shut " Thookathula kaal kai lam mela podra vela vechukita" 

"Seringa madam" , was the reply she got as both of them drifted to sleep with immense happiness and their heart feeling much lighter. 

But the whole world knows what the morning has for them. Isn't it! 😉

Okayish? 

Thanks for reading!