Chapter 1: The Lift.

It was all black. I could here the humming of a lift ascending could be heard, but it felt so far away. Was this a dream? I don't remember anything. Where am I? A million questions floated through out my mind. Then I woke up.

I sat up instantly choking on water. I was coughing. Everything was a blur of confusion and pain from my lungs trying to get a decent breath of air in. After a couple minutes of me hacking up water I finally got it all out and I could breath again. Where was I? Who am I? I was shaking with fear.

After what felt like hours the lift finally ended with a jarring stop. Load screeching was heard above me. A slit of light peeked through and blinded me. The slit of light became bigger and bigger and bigger until the screeching stopped and the doors were wide open. There were a big crowd of people above me. All whispering, some laughing.

There was a load bang as someone jumped down in the lift with me. I backed up into the corner of the lift. I was terrified and the light was still blinding. Who where these people?

"It's alright greenie I'm not gonna shucking hurt you." The boy sounded kind, but I wasn't sure if I could trust him. He reached out his hand to help me up. I didn't take it. I just sat shivering in fear.

"Gally, leave the shucking greenie alone. They look terrified." A different boy spoke now. My eyes were starting to adjust to the light now. Most of the people were leaving now.

"Oh come on Alby. I'm just trying to help the poor greenie." The boy in the lift who I assume is Gally said.

"If you want to help, then leave the shucking greenie alone." Alby spoke with a stern tone. Gally sighed then jumped up and left the lift but he was still standing next to the boys that decided to stick around and watch the ordeal. "Chuck, go get the greenie some food or something."

"Sure thing Alby!" A younger boy said before leaving Alby's side.

"This greenie sure is talkative." Another boy was speaking. He had a strange accent compared to the rest of the people, but I thought it was quit nice.

"Oh shut it Newt." Gally snapped at him. 

A bit of time passed mixed with people trying to talk to me or trying to get me out of the lift but I still refused. People were getting worried. I could tell. But why would they be worried about me? They had just met me. This all was so confusing. I just wanted to curl up in a ball in the corner of this lift and stay here for the rest of my life. Terrified. Crying. Cold. I didn't care that I looked weak. I just wanted to know I was safe.

______________________Small Time Skip_______________________

It was getting dark now. I was starting to doze of before I heard noises in the distance. 

"Is the greenie still in the elevator?" The talking was distant but I could still hear that it was Alby talking.

"Yep, poor thing hasn't talked, came out of the lift, or even excepted food since they arrived." Newt said with a bit of sadness in his voice.

"Well the greenie is gonna miss the celebration if they don't come out of the lift." Alby and Newt's conversation was getting loader and loader. They were coming closer. My breath started to quicken. I was scared. What if they made me get out of the lift?

Eventually they arrived. Both of them looking at me. I was shaking with fear.

"It's alright mate, we aren't gonna hurt you." Newt spoke in a gentle voice as to not scare me. "Listen. I think it's about time you come out of the lift. Okay?" after a few minutes of me not talking Alby gave Newt a glance to indicate it was time to go.

"F- fine..." I spoke in nearly a whisper. Both Alby and Newt looked at me. They looked surprised.

"Well, at least we know they talk." Alby said with a bit of a chuckle. "Newt. Help the shank out."

 Newt climbed down into the lift and extended his arm out for me to grab his hand. And this time... I took his hand....