28

-this one is a little more graphic than some of the other ones, my apologies-

A look of confusion crossed his face. "What do you mean? A video of us doing what? We were just at the ma- oh," he said, stopping mid-sentence as he realized exactly what the video was of. "Um, well. It's not that I'm ashamed, I just wish that we would have had time to figure us out before anyone else was in the know. It's gonna be fine."

The tears were still streaming down my face as I remained curled in his arms, and I felt him shift his gaze to look down at me. "Baby?" he asked, using his pointer finger to lift my chin so I was looking at him. "Why are you crying? What else is going on?"
I wiped my nose with my sleeve, chuckling slightly. "He called me a skank. Skanky Haley. God, I can't believe that I was so stupid. He and I should have never been anything more than friends."

Once again, tears fell upon my cheeks, and Josh stood up, lifting me with him. "You need some sleep, my love. This entire situation has really fucked with your head," he murmured, quickly kissing me on the forehead before making his way up the stairs.
When we reached my room, he threw me an old pair of him sweatpants that I had draped over the back of the desk chair. "Put these on," he ordered, his voice full of love.
As I pulled them on and laid back in my bed, Josh tucked the blankets around me. As he turned to leave, I reached out to pull on his sleeve. "Stay," I said, hoping that my eyes were doing the pleading that I couldn't even begin to put into words.

He slid in next to me, wrapping me in his warm embrace. "I'm going to guess that talking about it is the last thing that you'd like to do," he pondered.
I giggled. "What a smart man. Not too terribly smart if you're laid up in bed with a skank, but smart nonetheless."
His face got serious. "I understand that you cope with humor, Hales, but you have to stop calling yourself a skank. If you say it enough times, you might start to believe it, and I never, ever want you to think that you are anything less than the most amazing human being that I have ever met."

Maybe it was the shot of liquid courage. Maybe it was the way he was looking at me, holding me, loving me. Maybe it was the words that he had just said. I had no idea, but it was at that moment that I knew I needed him. "I love you," I whispered, leaning in to kiss him. This wasn't anywhere near gentle, and I pulled myself up to straddle his legs again, a position I hoped that I would find myself in often.
He kissed me back with urgency, and my hands ran over the chest muscles that rippled under his t-shirt. "Only as far as you want," he stated, punctuating each word with a kiss down my neck.

"I need you to be in control here, Josh," I replied, shrugging out of his arms to pull my hoodie over my head.
His thumbs played with the lace on my bra as he kissed me again. "Like this?" he asked, playing dumb as he expertly undid the clasp. Before I could react, he had pulled his own shirt over his head and flipped me over back onto the bed.
I gasped as he continued to kiss down my neck, reaching my collarbone and sliding a strap down my arm.
As he continued to kiss down my body, I lifted up off of the bed slightly, allowing him to slide the sweatpants down my legs. "Are you sure?" Josh asked, looking at me one more time for confirmation.
I had never been so sure in my life.

I didn't remember falling asleep, but I woke up to my mom's voice. "Sweetie! You should probably get up!" she yelled. I groaned, rolling over. Instead of finding a pillow, I found Josh, and neither one of us was clothed.
"Oh, shit," I mumbled, unsure what to do. I could hear her footsteps coming down the hall.
"Haley! Come on! The Richards invited us to breakfast at their house!"
"Josh! Josh!" I whisper-yelled as I searched the room for my clothes and his. "Get up! My mom is coming. She's going to be in here any minute. Jo-" I continued, but I was cut off as she opened the door. Thankfully, I had been pulling on clothes as I searched, but the same couldn't be said for Josh, who still laid naked in my bed, yawning groggily.

"Joshua Kenneth?" she asked. "What's going on here?" I kept my room fairly clean, so she noticed his clothes on the floor as she glanced around the room. "Oh, Lord, please give me the strength," she exclaimed. I could tell that she was praying quietly before she spoke.
"Mom, I swear to you, it isn't what it looks like," I lied, hoping that she would leave it alone.
Josh laid in my bed still, looking like a deer caught in headlights.
"Oh, so you two didn't have sex?" she asked. I could tell that she was angry.

Josh finally spoke up. "I'm sorry. I don't really have an explanation for this one. It just kind of happened."
"Oh, you just slipped and fell right into my daughter's bed? That makes so much more sense now. Thank you for the clarification. When I come back up here, you better be in your own house," she warned, turning on her heel and leaving.

"You heard her," I giggled, climbing back onto the bed and kissing him. "She said that we're going to breakfast with your family, so I'll see you soon. Go!"
Even being caught by my mom wasn't going to ruin how right being with him felt.