IV. The seed doesn't sprout if it chooses not to grow

8/4/18
Forecast said that it would rain but there hasn't been any rain. I waited, feels like it's been nothing but a drought and maybe the heat is what's getting to people. To feel the rain again is what I longed for, only hope I had to a future was to see the rain. Maybe the drought is getting to me too.

"Hm, so do you think he's cute?" Pulling at her sleeves, she hid away the pen. "You ok?" she nodded "you know you don't have to lie to me" Mari looked at Eva bringing a smile to her face showing off her new colorful braces.

"I'm fine, but to answer your question I don't think he's all that plus the girls sweat him too hard and just you deserve much more" Mari sunk in the bleacher catching Eva's attention "I'm sorry"

Mari shrugged it off looking elsewhere but at her "feel every guy I sit and try to get your opinion on, it's like you say these negative things for no reason and I don't appreciate it"

   Eva was confused and in her mind she didn't think she said anything offensive but she just let Mari have it her way "I'm sorry" she left it at that.

Recent time

Turning over Terri let out an inaudible sound as she stretched her limbs out feeling the body beside her. Sitting up she searched around for clues as to where she was and who she was with. "Lay the fuck back down" she heard his voice and could feel whatever she had last night threatened to come up.

Pulling herself off the mattress and to the hall down where the bathroom was, the apartment was rundown as strangers seemed to be sleeping wherever.

"Who the fuck told you to get up?" He caught her off guard as she could see fragments of him through the shattered mirror.

"Oh had to use the bathroom"

She couldn't pin together how she'd end up there and how could she let this happen again ?

"Alright well bring that pretty ass back to bed" not a word came from her in a response so she just followed orders. Pictures of her as a child were in a small frame with her sister by her side in what looked to be a family photo where they were all smiling.

Wrapping his arms around her, he was leaving kisses amongst her battered body. "Daddy's girl"

Remembering those times were in her vivid memory. She remembered what they wore and the words they said, the more she stared at that photo the more out of it was coming.

Turning she looked at him; this was a love, her love. She deserved this love, his love.