#18

NIKKO'S POV

My cousin's party ended. So I asked Latina if I can drive her home. As her boyfriend, I have to make sure she's safe.

“Nikko? Gosh! I thought I'm just imagining things. It's really you” bungad ni Tita Raven, Latina's mom.

Ni smile ko niya ug nag mano, “Yes tita. How's my girl doing here?”

Tita giggles, “She's a bit hardheaded-

Latina interrupt, “Maaaa”

Nikatawa nalang si tita ug gibiyaan mis sala kay mag ready daw syag drinks.

Gitan aw kong Latina and she grab my hand, “Tara”

Confused man pero nisunod rasad ko niya.

“Ma, rooftop lang mi” sulti ni Latina.

We take the back door to go out and she leads the way to a long stair. Siguro mao ning agian padung rooftop.

»»»

Minutes later we are sitting on the ground, watching few city lights, from the rooftop.

“Aren't you sleepy?” pangutana nako niya.

I'm peacefully hugging her. She's in between my thighs, her head resting on my chest.

I felt her shook her head, “How about you?”

I sighed, “Not yet, I want this long.” tubag nako ug gi hug syag ayo.

Nahilom mi taud taud until nanawag syas akong ngan, “Nikko,”

I just hum, to tell her that I'm willing to listen.

“Here's the thing, it was a one fine day then ma realize nimo nga dili jud ako, what will you do?” she asked, worried.

This is the most common question girls want to as their partner. But only few have the guts to voice it out.

I understand girls thoughts coz I am Merell's human diary. And the question Latina just asked, is one of their worries.

I kiss her head, “We don't have to think what will happen the next morning, the next three weeks or even the next year. Ug kung ma realize man nako nga dili ikaw, buang na guro kog realization ana.” I hug her tight ug nipadayon.

“You see, if I woke up in a one morning feeling that I'm no longer in love with you. You wanna know what will I do?”

Nihangad sya para tan awn ko, “What?”

Sakto sad nga makiss nako iyang forehead maong akoa nang gi kiss, “Mo balik kos uno, kung asa ko gikilig ug ayo sa imoha. Shessh!”

“Then kung nimo sad na mahitabo, you'll call me nya mo ingon kag wa naka ganahi nako, I'll court you again. Know why?” pangutana nako.

“Why?”

Hilom ra kaayo syang naminaw, murag bata nga gi kwentohan ug alamat ng gagamba, and that made me smile at her.

She's listening.

Namaak kos akong ngabil, “Because I can't see myself with another girl. Hon, with you I am already at peace. You're my anchor that help me stays at the right place. And I'm sure I'll be marrying you soon.”

Her eyes widen. And iyahang kalmado nga nawng ganina kay nahimong shock ug confuse.

“Minyo ba oy?” she reacted.

Nakatawa kos iyang reaction. She also laugh without knowing I'm actually serious.

“Honn”

Nitan aw kog balik niya, “Yes hon?”

Mitarong syag lingkod ug ni atubang sa akoa, “If I'm your anchor then you're my beefsteak.”

Nikunot akong agtang, “Beeksteak? Am I really that yummy and expensive?”

Latina laugh, “Basin,” she bit her lower lip, “Know why? Beefsteak is my favorite food, and I won't share my beeksteak.”

Ambot lang kung makatawa ba ko or kiligon. I feel both. Niduol ko niya para mo hunghong.

“Do you know what's tastier than beefsteak?” I naughtily ask

Nikunot iyang agtang, “Huh?”

I smirk, “It's Nikko Calderon's lips” at the same time I move my head closer to hers

Wala nako nag duha duha ug kiss niya. As I felt her lips reacted, I move mine.

We kissed for I think just a couple of seconds because we heard footsteps.

“Darlings, it's getting colder in here. You might need this.” tita Raven came with blanket and pillow.

Nitindog ko para tabangan si tita sa iyang gidala. And I also ask for her permission if I can sleep here with Latina.

Tita nodded, “Ofcourse. The weather is good this month.” ana sya while nag latag mi sa blanket.

“We're sleeping here?” Latina asked. Nitando sad ko.

I am used to sleeping outdoor because of my cousins and friends. Esp. when we're at the beach.

»»»

Tita left us maong kami nasang duha ni Latina ang nabilin diris rooftop. Naka higda nasad ming duha sa blanket.

I am facing Latina pero pansin nako nga di sya ma permi. She keeps on moving, switching her position.

“Are you fine with this? We can sleep inside.” I finally ask. Feeling nako di sya comfortable.

She look at me, “This is my first time, I'm a bit ignorant. I mean, my first time sleeping outdoor and you besides me, gives me chills.”

I chuckle ug mas ni duol pa niya. I gently pull her closer to mine.

“What are you doing?” She looks at me like she's worried.

I kiss her forehead, “Trying to make you feel comfortable.” tubag nako.

The next thing I new, she's silently sleeping almost on my chest. We're also sharing blanket.

I knew she's in her deep sleep so I end up playing with her hair.

In a silent night, a small voice uttered, “Iloveyou,”

My heart thump coz it came from Latina. Intentionally or unintentionally man pero I almost forget how to breath coz I just felt it.

I just did felt the butterflies they're talking about.

Owshi Latina, you're driving my organs crazy. I love you too.

-
tobecontinued..
-