Chapter 3

* Thursday *

I wake up earlier than usually excited to go to the beach with Autumn. I get up from bed and put my duckie slippers on. I start to walk down the stairs and as soon as i get to the last step i hear tiny feet slapping against the floor. Then they stop i figure out that Alice must be trying to scare me by hiding around the corner. I act clueless and walk like i usually do. Alice pops out and says "boo!" i fake yell and pick her up into my arms. I tickle her sides and she starts to giggle. "you scared me little goose!" i say to her. She laughs even more and flings her head back. "hehe sworry sissy!" she replies between laughs. I hear my mom chuckle from the kitchen. I carry Alice all the way to the kitchen then lie her down on the table and blow on her stomach making a weird noise. She laughs harder and harder as it tickles her. "stwop stwop!" she says and i do one last blow and then pick my head back up.  She gets up slowly and i put her down on the floor. I walk up to my mom and say good morning. I kiss her on the cheek and grab an apple. I take a bite and sit down beside Alice. 

When I'm done my apple i tell my mom that I'm going to the beach with Autumn and that she was coming over later for a movie night as well. She says that everything is fine. I say thanks and then i get up to go take a shower. I head up to my room and start packing my towel and sunscreen. I go into the bathroom and strip from my clothes. I walk into the shower and start to wash my hair. I start humming to Ed Sheeran - Lego House. Once I'm done i get out and wrap a towel around my body. I get the blow dryer out and start doing my hair. When i finish i head to my closet and pick out my pink bikini. I put short shorts over top and a loose tank top. I text Autumn to tell her I'm ready. Her mom had leant her the car so she would be picking me up soon. 

I head back downstairs to say good bye to Alice and my mum. I see Alice watching tv and i slowly make my way behind the couch about to attack her with tickles. Just as i was close she turns around completely ruining my plan. Damn she was smart. She giggles and i quickly plant a kiss on her cheek which makes her giggle even more. I walk over to the other side of the couch where Alice stands up and jumps into my arms giving me a hug. "Awhhhh, why do you have to be so cute???" i ask her. "I twy" she says and makes me laugh. I hear a honk outside,obviously its Autumn, she never gets out of the car to come and get me. That lazy bum. I say good bye to my mom and Alice and i walk out the door with my sandals on my feet and my bag over my shoulder.

I hop into the car with Autumn and we blast the radio, the song Kiss Goodnight by Tyler Shaw is playing and we sing along. I turn down the radio just at the right time to here Autumn sing. She stops as she realizes what i was trying to do, we both laugh and i turn it back up.

Soon enough we are at the beach. We jump out of the car and we run to pick a spot. We lay down our towels and put sunscreen on, well at least i do. Autumn only puts some on her face because she wants to try and get a tan. As for me i put it everywhere because i hate being darker than i already am. We lay down on our towels and start to talk. We talk about boys at our school and how we hate all of the teachers.

"Yeah but Ms. Summer isnt that bad" I said.

"Are you kidding me?! she has a lazy eye and she always tries to make lame jokes." Autumn says.

"Yeah but those things are funny, i mean its nice to see that she tries. And plus she lets us use our phones in class." I said. 

"true."

We start giggling and talk about other stuff when there is a volleyball that lands right in front of us. It startled me a bit but Autumn didn't seem to be phased by it. I looked up and there was a gorgeous guy running up to us. When he got closer he smiled at us. He had an amazing smile and perfect teeth. His eyes were blue just like the water on the beach. He had a nice toned body and he was tanned but not too dark. He brown hair that was a little long but not too long, it hung just under his eyebrows. 

"Sorry about that" he said as he smirked.

i forgot to breath when i heard his British accent. I realized he was staring at me and Autumn nudged me in the arm asking if i was ok.

"oh..um.. sorry, its alright." i said as i blushed. gosh i was so stupid.

He chuckled and picked up his ball. "My name is Noah" he says with a smile on his beautiful face.

"My name's Ashley, nice to meet you Noah!"

"Would you like to play?" he asked me raising the volleyball.  

I look over at Autumn and she gives me a wink and says "Sports pfff no thanks, but go on Ashley, I gotta catch up on my magazines anyways." She smiles at me.

I turn back to Noah and smile. "Sure!" I say and he gives me a hand to help me up.