// 03 //

Two days later (I was physically forced into staying for another night)

I groaned as I felt the sunlight on my face. It felt like I'd only fallen asleep 10 minutes ago. I laid there contemplating whether to force myself up as my levels of consciousness slowly increased. Finally, I threw back the covers and stood slouched beside the bed, my white vest and pajama bottoms creased and hair in a frightful mess.

"Looking good, Natasha" Cece sarcastically muttered as she barged into my - technically her - room, frantically opening the cupboard and drawers.

Man, was she loud.

In no time, the room was a complete wreckage. God knows what she was looking fo frankly, she was the messiest human I've ever known.

"Dark gray ripped jeans, have you seen them?" She managed to ask in the midst of all that ruckus she was creating. I simply got up, removed the poor jeans which had been stuck between the bathroom door and the bed post, and handed it over.

"Thank goodness," She snatched the pants out of my hands, "You're a gem." She ran out of the room, probably getting ready for work.

Cece Malcolm-Drake was 27 years old with firey red locks and chocolate brown eyes. She owned a duplex walk-up apartment in Manhattan, New York; it has two levels, connected by a narrow stairway. Working part time at Harry's (because working at Starbucks was too cliché) and full time as an event manager, she is currently planning her own wedding. How she does so much and stay composed all the time is a freakin' miracle. Not to forget, Cece is chaos.

I've been here for only two days and she's as welcome as ever. She even said she would pull some strings and get me a job at Harry's. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a couple more bucks.

A partially full stomach later and 6 hours later, I was ready to explore. And by explore, I mean go to the Central Park; the very center of attraction.

++++

"Thank you very much," I got out of a cab and walked into the park.

Honestly, I thought the wind would make my hair fly and everything would be in slow motion, just like in the movies. To my disappointment, the scene was very- normal. Too normal, in fact. I didn't know how to describe it, it wasn't as dramatic as I would like it to be.

There were so many people, different kinds of people in the park. Tired mothers trying to calm their screeching babies, teenage boys setting up picnic mats  -I'm guessing- to impress girls, the old seniors' club trying out new yoga moves, a band groupie making posters and probably chanting lyrics.

Even the business squad was present, although they were discussing quite seriously with their huge tabs in one hand and a Starbucks' coffee on the other.

'You know what to do with the big fat-'

"Hey Cece, what's up?"

"Where are you? Tonight's our night out, did you forget?"

Crap.

"I'm on my way."

It was just yesterday she asked me my 'story'. You know, the what's and why's of my arrival. A basic plot of my running away. But I didn't say anything. Because there's nothing to say. I got a ticket, I used it. Not much of an adventurous story, is it?

Cece said alcohol is always the answer (and that at least then I would spill) and wouldn't take no for an answer. There's this club she 'always' wanted to check out, so this was her only chance. Why she didn't drag along one of lovely bridesmaid-to-be, I have no clue.

I reached 'The Solitaire', it was very crowded and loud. I mean there were just so many people, it was almost suffocating. I was grateful that I spotted Cece quite soon.

And my, my.

She looked absolutely smokin' in her backless red halter neck-dress and of course, she rocked the classic red lips. Her bright red hair cascaded down to her mid-waist, curled to perfection.

Drake's one lucky guy.

I, on the other hand, had my jeans shorts and a crop top; Arctic Monkeys. My hair was in a sad attempt to look like a messy bun, but I figured only professionals with years and years and years of practice could pull it off.

Hypnotic by Zella Day was playing, Cece was already dragging me to the dance floor. She was juggling two glasses on her hand. I shook my head trying to say 'there's no way, I'm drinking.'

"Trust me on this." Cece yelled through the blazing music, handing over one of the fancy looking glass.

I never liked drinking, it made me very tipsy. But since I'm being all rebellious, you know running away from home and all, I gulped it down.

The burning sensation reduced once I started swaying to the beat. Heck, this was purely amazing. Cece laughed every time she stepped on my feet. The more she drank, the more pain my poor little pinky toe had to go through.

After -I don't even know how long-, we went over to the bar.

"So now tell me babe, why are you actually here?"

Sigh.

"I told you, it's not very interesting. Shit happened at home and I couldn't breathe there anymore. So I bought a ticket and I came here. I've always wanted to come here." 

"And?" She looked at me expectantly with wide, curious eyes.

"And nothing," Her face fell. "I left a letter for my mom and rushed to the airport. And that's where I met Blake."

"Blake told me you're quite the rambler, but no offense, you don't really say much."

Now that I think about it, I haven't really talked to anyone like I had talked to Blake. This is so confusing, I don't have a solid reason to why I'm this open with him. And to be honest, I don't like the fact that I'm super comfortable with a stranger.

But Blake's hardly a stranger. Maybe it's his eyes (yeah, a hundred percent) I'm blaming this on his pacific ocean kinda  of eyes.

I realized I wasn't being fair. After I came here, I haven't been talking to her like I would be. My head's always debating on the pros and cons of leaving. Mom would be so tensed, I shouldn't be so reckless and make her worried.

Gosh, I miss her.

I sighed deeply, "I'm sorry, I'm just-"

With a soft smile, "You know what, let's get your mind of this." She pulled me back to dance floor filled with the usual; sweaty, drunk and extremely horny dancers.

I screaming through the music, "Get my mind of whaaat?"

She grinned ear to ear, "Exactly."

...

i'm so so sorry for the very very late update. my laptop crashed and i'm at my grandparents' right now, and i'm typing this on my phone.

hope you guys enjoy it anyway,

olaf.