// 05 //

How did it go?" Ceee burst out as soon as I opened the door, scaring the crap out of me.

"Holy cow, Cece. Don't ever do that." I warned, narrowing my eyes at her. She shrugged me off and followed me to the kitchen. "So, how was your date with Blake?" she sang, bobbing her head from side to side.

"It wasn't a date, it was um- an impromptu sightseeing," I said taking a glass of water in my hands. She looked at me, deadpanned and shook her head. "I'm going to bed, g'night." I walked to my room, "Don't think I'm letting you off the hook babe, you're spilling tomorrow."

I rolled my eyes and shut my door.

++++

Cece is nowhere to be found, thank the gods. It's 9, and someone's already knocking the door. It wasn't a light blow, whoever it was, they were banging the crap out of this door. I mean, c'mon it's nine in the morning.

"Coming!" I screamed, half brushing-half wearing pants.

"Hello sunshine, how are-" a young man with short brown hair, probably aged around 25, casually wearing pajamas (almost) entered the house. But then abruptly stopped, seeing me.

Clearly amused, he said, "You must be Natasha."

"Yep, and you are?"

"Drake Robins, Cece's husband, I mean soon-to-be." He introduced.

"OOOOOHHHHH MY GOOODNESS HII, I have heard so much about you, hiii." I gave him some space to finally get inside the house.

He chuckled and said, "Me too, Welcome to New York."

"Oh geez, thanks." What a nice guy. "I don't know where Cece went though. She's not home and I erm- just got up."

"Right, I can see that. You carry on, I'll just hang around till she comes." He made himself comfortable on the sofa.

"I shall be right back." I sprinted into my room and wore what you call- appropriate clothing especially when your roommates' fiancé is waiting outside. I can't believe he saw me in my minion pajamas. Embarrassing, embarrassing.

He is still sitting on the sofa, legs on top, reading the newspaper.

..I can so imagine Cece making almond cookies and a pumpkin pie, wearing a messy apron-

Natasha, gosh, stop fangirling.

"Good morning, Natasha." He grins, left cheek to right cheek.

It was easy to return the gesture, but I'm sure I looked one hundred percent stupid- "Good morning, Drake."

"How are you this fine morning?" He sang.

Just then, the door opened. Cede's standing there, red hair tied in a bun, trying to hold on to what looks like grocery bags. She mouthed "Help," eyeing me. Before I could take a step. Drake rushes in scoops her in his arms and kisses her. They kept going, "I miss you." "No babe, I missed you more.".

Since Cece dropped the bags, the tomatoes and oranges and apples, all of them roll down the floor. So much for early grocery shopping, Mrs. Bride to be.

++++

It was a nonstop love fest; Cece and Drake. There was a lot (I MEAN, LOADS) of hugging and carrying and touching and of course, kissing.

All I could do is just stand there, awkwardly, shifting from one foott to another and majorly (MAJORLY) shipping these two.

In just about an hour, Blake arrived and joined the awkward club. I honestly thought we were third/fourth wheeling a bit too much, so I grabbed Blake and rushed out.

"Well, that was fun,"

"and awkward."

"But adorable,"

"Sure, I was this close to vomiting." he said pinching his index and thumb.

Before I could say anything, Blake put his hands on my shoulder and pushed me to his car parked right outside the apartment.

"Where to, now?" I asked, getting inside.

"You'll see." He monotonously said.

In about half an hour, we reached.

I stepped from his black car, gaping at the large mansion that set beyond the sidewalk, towering over me. The cream coating of the paint shined as the sun beat down on it, causing me to squint. Uniquely twisted fencing kept the house enclosed, neatly trimmed surrounding the house. The roof was peaked, slanting down at an angle. The windows had royal purple curtains hanging on the other side of them, drawn so that the sunlight could beautifully stream through.

"Is this your house? Oh my goodness, you said you live in flat, with a roommate." I asked, shamelessly gaping.

"It's my parents' Tash. They're not home though, I mean we aren't here to meet them if that's what's you're thinking. It's just that I had to pick up some things because I'm redecorating my room. We don't have to go if you don't want to. Please don't hate me." He rambled, looking so stressed out.

"Shut up Blake," I interrupted. "I don't understand why you're so bothered. It's a surprise for sure, but why on Earth would I hate you. You're acting stupid and nervous, so stop."

I stepped onto the sidewalk. I noticed a marble fountain sitting towards the right side of the lawn. An angel holding a halo which was perched on top, looking up towards the sky. Water spurted from its other hand, which lay gently out in front of it as if waiting for someone to take it in return. The water fell gently towards the crystal blue pool beneath it, causing ripples to form and wave out until they were no more. The water sparkled in the distance as I walked towards the extravagant house, down the little stone path to the black door.

"This is it, home sweet home." He meddled with the key, hesitantly.

"Today Parker, by today."

With a faint smile playing on his lips, he opened it completely.

I was blown away, it was stunning. It looked just as extravagant as the exterior, garnished with glass chandeliers and curtains hanging from the tall ceiling to the wooden floor. The flights of spiral steps looked like they vanished towards the second floor. No words can ever describe how rich and grand this looks, it was breathtaking.

"So I'll be right back." Blake said.

I had two options, stay right here, in the middle of the gigantic house trying to explore and probably get lost; or just go with Blake (and not get lost).

"Hey, hey. Don't leave me alone, I'm coming with you."

++++

"This is my room, um I mean, it used to be. Well it still is, kind of." He stammered.

I still didn't understand why he was so tensed. I walked towards him and slowly kept my palm on his shoulder, shutting him up. His hand shot up as if on reflex, and squeezed my fingers. I took a step closer so now I was pressed against his back. I could almost feel him take a breath in.

He turned towards me, but hardly increasing the nonexistent gap between us. This time I could feel his heartbeat, I was so sure he could feel mine too. I looked up at him, at his ever so gorgeous blue eyes. I could die, they were shining and a million times more breathtaking then this house. It also looked kind of darker than usual, making it much harder for me to breathe.

He looked at my lips and his eyes began to dilate. He moved his face so close to mine, our lips barely touching. I couldn't take my eyes of his. He then dismissed any sort of distance by gently placing his lips on-

"You know what to do with that big fat butt-"

++++

happy happy happy birthday starsthingsibelieve, i love you

and thanks LivingInPerpetuum for proof reading, you're the best

-olaf