Possession

Even if it turns out these people are saying something really awful about a dead person, I still felt obligated to try to stop the oncoming attack.

They couldn't hear or see me.

I was beginning to understand what happened to me.

I felt a tear slide down my face as I made my way back to my body.

My body.

There it was. Stopped for some reason and just staring. I relaxed a little and tried to think up what I could possibly do to stop myself from killing and eating that group of people.

Whatever they honestly thought about me, they did let me stay until I got bitten. That's kind of nice, right?

I shook out that weak thought because I was decided.

I moved closer to myself, standing right in my own face.

"Woah, can you still feel me?" I asked myself. I could see tears dripping down the side of my own dirty face. The rehydration of my eyes eased some of that dark horizontal line in my eyes and it looked more red than dark black.

I didn't want to rely on this breif period of emotion. I started by seeing what happens when I attempted to pass the body barrier completely.

I started by pressing my fingers but this time with the intent to go through. It went so smoothly it was shocking when all the sudden I was blinded. I could feel my body and it hurt.

I felt bruises and open wounds and what was more a powerful ache seemed to flow through every inch of my skin.

I couldn't move.

I still had a job to do, but how?

Suggest it.

My eyes seemed to flutter open. I looked around and I was back by that willow tree and I wasn't alone.

The woman I saw with the huge bazongas was smiling at me. She stayed in the shade of the tree but moved towards me.

"You can not control this body as you once did, nor any body. But you can suggest thoughts to this body and guide it subtley and slowly to your own desires," she said and a beautiful voice. I imagined this was the voice that would have been called a siren's. It could lure any to their death but here she was trying to give me advice.

"How do I suggest it? Do I just say outloud? Or think it really hard?" Her advice was so vague. She flashed her teeth and shrugged her shoulders.

"It's different from ghost to ghost. Try any way you can think of. You'll know when it works-" She disappeared mid-sentence and was replaced with my nightmare vision before I died. The flying sphere of eyeballs with it's fleshy rings circling and crossing over itself. The sound of it's bright wings flapping was almost sickening and each eye seemed to be blinking in different harmony giving it a creepy nature.

It didn't speak like the woman, but I could feel it's impression on me as each of it's eyes watched and judged me. It did not want me to do what the woman suggested.

"But why?" I asked it outloud. It answered but again not with a voice, instead it used images.

Images of my previous traveling group getting murdered.

That was how it was supposed to be. I flinched at the harshness and as scary as this thing was I felt a stubbornness creep up inside me.

I had made my decision.

"You're not making a great point. What does my friends dying do for anyone?"
I got more images flashing before me. Each one paused bringing me back to the willow tree than back to a new image.

I say image but really it was more like being quietly transported then back.

I was watching myself eat Brian, dead bodies piled around with little to no skin, then I was at what presumed to be some kind of hellish place all of the group was there shivering, and lastly, I was in space watching earth spin and brighten up until it morphed, and water took over all of the land like evolution in reverse.

"This is crazy!" I shouted, interupting it's last image. I shook my head and glared at the creepy creature.

Why should I listen to the creepy thing that wants everyone to die? I turned around to focus and decided I would say it outloud like a mantra.

"Go the other direction. Go the other direction. Go the other direction. Go the-" The willow tree was gone, and I was blind. I could feel my painful body move itself and I knew it was time to slip out and check my work.

Once you know how to ghost it's easier and I just pulled myself away from my own body. There it was and heading opposite from the campsite.

I placed my hands on my hips proud of my work.