Chapter 7

Pepper woke up a nervous mess. She just really wanted to shower and feed her son. And she needed to know if F.R.I.D.A.Y was anywhere closer to getting in touch with Tony.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y have you been able to get in touch with Tony?" Pepper asked.

"I have located him from the chip but I am

unable to get a signal. He is in Trinidad and there is something blocking the signal,"

"A hurricane,"Pepper said as she squeezed her eyes shut.

"Mute,"

Billy walked through the door and stared Pepper in the face.

"Here's what's going to happen today. I'm going to let you clean yourself up and take care of your baby and your animal outside and you're going to get into the garage. If you don't know the code and your husband isn't calling then you're going to change the code," he said.

Pepper could do it with F.R.I.D.A.Y easily but she didn't want them to know about her just yet and she would have to do it manually which she never saw Tony do and she would have to try and figure it out. Billy untied her and she peaked in on James who was still sleeping.

"Will you knock on the bathroom door if the baby wakes up while I'm showering?"

Billy nodded and Pepper dashed into the bathroom.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y can you tell me the simplest way I can change the security password in the garage manually?" she asked.

Pepper watched as F.R.I.D.A.Y brought up a screen and showed her the buttons to walk through changing the password. She memorized it and then another thought popped into her head.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y I need you to get Dum-e and Butterfingers to clean the garage. I need anything that eludes to Iron Man hidden from view,"

She muted the a.i. and hopped out of the shower. She dressed quickly and peaked in on James who was still sleeping.

"The baby is still asleep. I need to go outside and take care of my alpaca," she said.

Billy motioned for Joe to take her outside. Joe grabbed her and pulled her close to him and pressed the gun into her back as he pulled her along roughly. They got to the gate of the enclosure and she opened the hatch and went inside and he followed. She dumped his trough and grabbed the hose and refilled his water while he came to greet her. She patted his head and began to clean up the area where he went to the bathroom when all of a sudden Joe put his hands on her shoulders and pushed her against the wall of the outdoor shelter and he pressed her against the wall and pressed himself against her. He wanted her to feel that he was aroused. She totally cringed but it was better than the alternative and leaving Joe with the baby.

"Do you like that?" he asked.

"Not particularly," she said.

"I'm gonna have you before we leave here and you're not gonna know when it's gonna happen," he threatened.

Pepper ignored his threat. She was going to have to get a hold of the pepper spray or some sort of weapon once they got inside the garage. When she got back inside James was awake and crying. She went to breastfeed him and supply was still low. She warmed up some of the milk she pumped and hoped she would produce more milk soon to store.

She put him in his boppy chair and Billy pointed to the garage. Pepper took a deep breath and walked over to the garage and began to reset the password manually. Then she signed in and could hear the door click open. She prepared herself for the worst but the garage looked like a normal garage with a few small projects. There was no inkling that iron man ever lived here.