Chapter 9

Pepper and Billy arrived back at the house and settled for the evening. The bag with the money was packed and Laura had all the food ready to go.

Tony woke up and finally saw a call from Morgan in his bracelet and called it back.

Pepper picked up James and held him tightly. She was still on edge. They were all sitting in the living room when Laura suggested a game.

"Seven cards, nothing wild," Laura said, picking up a deck of cards to break the ice.

"Ok yeah," Joe said.

Laura dealt the cards and then the phone rang and it wasn't coming from their cell phones and the land line was cut. The noise was from the garage. They all looked at Pepper.

"The garage now," Billy said.

They all got up and Laura was contemplating how she was going to play this. She didn't want to have to use force but she was prepared too. They didn't think to check a suburban housewife for weapons. They didn't know about her compact battle staves hidden in her boots. Pepper doesn't even know Laura is a former agent named the Mockingjay.

They followed the ringing and at first Pepper was confused. She looked around and then she saw the vent wide open and hanging on a nail was Morgan's bracelet from Tony and it was ringing.

"Who else was here?" Billy asked angrily.

"Just my daughter, she's only four. She was scared and called her dad,"

"Through a bracelet? Who are you?" Joe asked.

Laura discreetly pulled the battle staves out of her boots and hid them in her sleeves.

Morgan heard the ringing of her bracelet and peered through the front window before coming inside. She knew they would be in the garage.

Billy took another step towards Pepper and that's when Laura struck. She opened her battle staves and struck Billy from behind and when she turned towards Joe he had his gun out and that's when Morgan came out and blasted Joe with one of Tony's repulsors. The ladies tied them up and Pepper finally called Tony.

"Yes we're all ok. We have them detained for now but they have someone coming to pick them up tomorrow and I put F.R.I.D.A.Y on maximum security mode but we're scared," Pepper said quietly.

Pepper hung up and turned to Laura.

"They will be here in an hour,"

Tony and Clint hurried up to the house and Tony grabbed Pepper and Morgan in for a hug and Clint ran to Laura while the SHEILD agents took away the prisoners and took their places ready to intercept the men coming to pick them up.

"Did you know that Laura is an agent? She's the mockingbird," Pepper said.

Tony had Morgan in his arms and kissed her forehead.

"Daddy I blasted them," Morgan said.

"You what?"

"I blasted the bad men,"

"Morgan, that's very dangerous. Although you did it for a good reason,"

"What's this about Laura being an agent?" Tony asked.

"Former agent," Clint said.

"I don't want to be here when this all goes down. And I'm sure we have a lot to catch up on. Let's all go to the diner while Fury cleans up this mess," Tony suggested.

"Yay," Morgan said.

Pepper packed up James and the six of them got the car and decided this was a week they won't forget soon enough.