Chapter 8

After my transformation, I run back upstairs. I see that everyone unaffected by Heartbeat has ran, some of them even hidden underneath their desks. I see Ladybug already in the room, swinging her yoyo in a circular motion to barrier herself from the villain's attacks. I do the same, putting both index fingers through the rings at the ends of my daggers handles, spinning them around as mini-barriers. Cat Noir is behind me, escorting everyone out of the room like a gentleman, his suit accentuating his muscles and making his eyes stand out more.

Ladybug attempts to wrap Heartbeat into her yoyo, an attempt to trap them. She fails, her yoyo swinging back to her like a magnet. Cat Noir stealths behind the villain, Heartbreak charging directly at me. "Sharp Wisdom! Draw Wind!" I call out, one of my daggers now a holographic silver, the other one still spinning to block the villain. I throw wind forward, trapping Heartbreak in a corner while Ladybug calls her lucky charm. It drops a black spotted red jewellery box, a diamond broach inside. She looks around the room, panic starting to fill her eyes as she can't think of anything.

"Close your eyes and think, M'Lady!" Cat shouts back to her, jumping in front of her to protect her from the villain, who has almost broken out of the grasp of my tornado. They let out an angry roar, physically throwing the wind back at us. I get blown backwards, the back of my head hitting the corner of a desk. The desk snaps down the middle from the force.

Cat Noir stops protecting Ladybug, Bug now jumping out the window yelling "Cover me!"

I feel dizzy, standing up with the help of Kitty. He holds my hand an extra few seconds, and sparks shoot up my arm. My heart melts, his warm eyes reassuring me. Heartbeat uses this to try and follow ladybug, crouching to leap out of the window. I notice this first, breaking eye contact from Cat Noir. As much as I didn't want to, I have a city to help save.

"Stop!" I shout, "Draw fire!" I shout again. My second dagger glows a bright gold, flames emerging from the tip. I create a box of flames around the windows and door, an attempt to keep Heartbeat in the room. Cat Noir starts close combat with Rose and Juleka, who still hold hands. They move as if they are one person, not a single movement out of place. Cat Noir starts to struggle battling them off, the room heating up too much and causing me to lose breathe and sweat. I fall to my knees, my concentration wavering.

Yuudai told me to be really careful when using fire, it takes a lot of energy and concentration to keep it controlled, since fire is such a dangerous and uncontrollable power.

I drop my arms, the walls of flame falling apart and my ring beeping to signal that I am running out of time. Ladybug drops through the window, Queen Bee following in the window behind her.