~ Chapter 1 ~

Hello Dears,
i hope you all feel good & are excited to read more Hanashi :) 

❤️❤️❤️

10 years later

Hanako, 22 years old

I sit in a corner of Konohagakure's most popular cafés and watch people chatting, drinking coffee and eating sweet pastries. They all seem carefree and happy.

I was hoping to feel the same when I returned, but the crushing feeling in my chest just won't let up. Although it's not the first time I've returned, this time it feels like I'm about to break. Back when I came back at fourteen, two years after the incident, I was naïve and inexperienced. I didn't want- couldn't believe what Master Jiraiya said.

To my regret, he was right.

My brother Sasuke was a healthy little ten year old boy at the time. But at the time I didn't have the self-confidence, the courage, to open up to him. I watched him from afar and despite my intense training with Jiraiya that made me stronger physically and mentally, I couldn't face the cruel reality. I just couldn't apologize for my mistakes.

Only Kami knows why I was such a bloody coward.

Wouldn't he have been glad to know that he wasn't alone in this world, in this damn village?

I was selfish and I was scared. Fear that Sasuke couldn't forgive me for leaving him alone.

A frustrated sigh creeps out of my chest. Moments when Jiraiya and I cooked together and I was a little girl standing on his feet and we danced feels like cheating. While he taught me everything I needed to know about the Sharingan or my chakra, Sasuke was on his own. In this village, he is the only surviving Uchiha who possesses the power of the Sharingan.

With one exception, of course.

Kakashi Hatake.

His name alone makes me cringe. Hiding the real me from him was the hardest task of my life. Kakashi Sensei is an intelligent man who observes everything and can combine and decipher things using tiny clues.

I now know that he was one of the reasons I left Konoha when I was only sixteen. So many times he's almost exposed my secrets, but he couldn't have known.

He must not know.

My heart sinks as my thoughts wander to my former teacher, my mentor, sometimes even my therapist, Kakashi. I failed him. But never gave him a chance to reveal his disappointment to me because I just walked away. For years I tried to forget him. Every single day for the last five years I've tried to erase the memories. But what can I say? My naïve teenage brain was so mesmerized by this man. By his strength, his precise movements during training or in real fights. His looks.

Simply by him.

Kakashi fucking Hatake.

But then I took off like a coward.

It was more of a cloak and dagger operation when I suddenly decided to flee my responsibility - once again. I just wasn't strong enough. Although I exercised a lot, my mind was weak. Weak and unstable. Far too unstable to face the damn reality.

But now I'm 22 and I have to finally start breaking out of the sea of ​​self-pity and return to the place where it all began.

Konohagakure.

I need to talk to Sasuke. But where to start?

Hi, it's Hanako. Your sister. »Tch.«

Hello, my name is Hanako Uchiha and I'm alive! »Ugh.«