TEN [ The battlefield named School ]

They say that school is a place for learning and making friends but what it really exists for is the grounds for making social contacts and competing with the people around you as well as yourself.

"Dove! You're finally here, are you okay now?"

I looked at the sunny-looking girl in front of me with her rabbit teeth peeking at her cupid lips. Her whole demeanor screams everything bright and cute that one could see her being bullied to tears.

"You are?"

"Oh my! You don't... You really can't remember?" Huge wide eyes started up at the apex predator before her.

"Yes"

With that bomb thrown the whole classroom went into a frenzy state and immediately went to her desk. Various questions came up from their names, to my conditions, to weird questions inquiring if I suddenly became a genius or something.

Tap. Tap.

A sound came, a very familiar one and soon all of the students who were so curious about her sat on their respective seats. A strict teacher stood on the podium, her narrow eyes looking at every student's face. Those that were looked at froze in their seat and those that didn't sigh in relief.

"It seems like everyone is very enthusiastic about learning today, why don't we learn about the poem for the Song dynasty to refresh your minds, huh?"

With that, howls from every corner of the room resounded in each of the student's minds. They can only tearfully wait for the butcher to slaughter them little, innocent pigs towards the podium.

After the lesson, Teacher Jiang, their Literature teacher called her name.

"Come to my office, Ms. Chen"

I replied respectfully and was about to follow her when a big from my sleeve signaled me to stop.

"What is it, Mei?"

Yi Chu Mei, the rabbit suddenly becomes friends with the predator.

"You... You be careful okay? Don't feel too bad when Teacher Jiang lectures you, she's always like that to us and... Good luck!"

With squishy, apple-like cheeks and her fist up in her chest to motivate me, I can only imagine how this poor rabbit could be taken away by any evil-minded wolf.

"I will"

Soon I entered the teacher's office, there weren't many teachers yet since it was mostly still in their classes after Teacher Jiang finished their class early.

"Teacher Jiang"

"Sit down" the strong steel woman smells of sweet flowers, has a pink handkerchief in her hands, and a very organized desk with fake flowers decorating some corners.

"Is there something wrong Teacher Jiang?"

"Here is the list of names and pictures of your classmates as well as the lessons for the following weeks that you were absent. Just focus on your studies and do not mind anything else. Call your classmate to help you"

Taking the information of my classmates and the lessons, I almost gave up on myself but my thin arms quickly managed to stack it all cleanly.

"Thank you Teacher Jiang but there is no need, all of them are still studying" I answered resolutely, and with one more look from the frightened terror Teacher, I was dismissed.

"Okay, you may go now"

"Thank you so much, Teacher Jiang"

As soon as I closed the door, I felt my lips rising a bit. Maybe not all teachers are the same, maybe some are just hard-hearted in the face but with soft hearts.