Chapter 38

Chapter 38
Decency

Sinundo ako ng aking manager sa condo para sa meeting namin sa araw na ito. While we were on our way, she told me more about the issue and how it was circulating fast online. Nang marating na namin ang opisina, agad kaming sinalubong ng mga reporters na nag-aabang sa harapan. They kept on taking pictures even though the van we were in is heavily tinted.

We went inside the meeting room and discussed the issue and all the rumors that people added to it after the photos were posted online. Hindi mahigpit ang agency ko pagdating sa pakikipag relasyon ng mga modelong hawak nila. The only thing they are very strict with is when it comes to our weight and our performance, which was very understandable.

They asked me about the photos and the rumors along with it. I answered all their questions honestly. They haven't released any statements regarding the issue because they wanted to talk to me first and ask my opinion.

"Although your face was seen, we can still deny the rumors since as you said, you two aren't really kissing in that photo. Puwede rin huwag na tayong magbigay ng kahit na anong pahayag tungkol rito just like what the Acosta's did." my manager said.

I nodded slowly and gave myself a little time to think. The Acosta's did release a statement, not to confirm anything, but to say that they won't allow any media personnel to walk inside their Hotel and ask questions to their staff regarding the issue. They also won't allow them to camp outside the Hotel. Lalo na't dumadami na ang pumupunta sa kanila matapos kumalat na nagta-trabaho sa kanila ang kasama ko sa litrato.

Actually, I'm fine with telling the public about our relationship. Lalo na ngayong alam na nila Mama ang tungkol sa amin. Though telling everyone about us would put Aedion in the spotlight. The media and paparazzi will surely bug him until they squeeze every information they want to know about him. Not that it's not happening yet.

My eyes went down to the laptop in front of me. Not just the media and paparazzi, even the netizens are digging every information they could find about the person I was with in the photo. At dahil alam na nila kung saan ito nagta-trabaho, madali nilang nahanap ang pangalan ni Aedion. Worse, some of our schoolmates before are even sharing information about him. I sighed.

"So, what do you think?" one of them probed.

I lifted my eyes back to them. "Can I talk with my boyfriend about this first before making a decision?"

"Alright."

Dalawang oras din mahigit ang tinagal ng pag-uusap namin. Naupo ako sa isa sa mga couch na nagkalat sa may waiting area habang hinihintay ang manager ko na matapos sa loob.

I checked my phone and saw a message from Shiela na pinapaalam sa akin na mayroon din iilang mga media ang bumisita ng store, nagbabakasakaling naroon ako at ma-interview nila.

Bumuntong hininga ako. Mabuti na lang at na move ang meeting ko sa isa kong client. I don't have a reason to go there today.

It's already two in the afternoon. Napag-usapan namin ni Aedion na uuwi muna sa condo pagkatapos ng lahat ng kailangan naming asikasuhin sa araw na ito, 'tsaka sabay na tutulak sa bahay para kausapin sina Papa.

Nasabi ko na kay Mama na pupunta kami mamayang gabi. She seemed thrilled about it. Aniya'y magpapaluto daw siya ng marami para sa amin. I laughed a bit while reading her message. I don't know why she's excited to meet Aedion again, though whatever her reason was, I wasn't bothered.

Mas kinakabahan ako tuwing maiisip ang magiging pag-uusap ni Aedion at Papa. Knowing Papa, I am already expecting him to say something insensitive. Lalo na't mukhang hindi niya nagustuhan ang ginawa kong paglihim sa kanila tungkol kay Aedion.