〰️🔆Getting to know you🔆〰️

❤️Kaylee POV❤️

"Mi never call you Mami?" he is talking but I'm not processing the words as if I don't understand English.

Men flirt with me every day but it's always the kind that screams let me hit and quit so I have gotten used to telling men  'Not interested' and going on with my day.

Even if they ask for a minute out of my time, I will have a quick come back to say ' I'm sure God gives us the same 24 hours, so why should I give you a minute out of mine?'

But this time I am lost for words and his question is so simple

So why am I looking at him like a dummy?

Talk nuh girl! Don't be weak in the knees.

"wah?" I said slightly tilting my head to the side as if I were deaf.

Wah yuh mean wah? Jah know me fool enuh.

" I told your friend that I was calling you," he said as he got closer to me.

He smells so manly and fresh. A man that smells good.

Yes!

"I wanted to talk to you" he added.

"Why?" what is with me and the stupid questions.

"well, You look really beautiful and smart and I just wanted to get to know you a little better........"

I honestly don't know what else he said but I know that he speaks so properly I don't think he is from Gregory Town, however, he does look familiar though, and I can't put a finger on it.

He kept talking but all I heard was "So can I get your number?"

Let him work for it, sis! Ask more questions.

"okay"

'What do you mean okay? Yuh look easy' My inner queen rolls her eyes.

"Can I have your phone to put my number in?" he said with his hands stretched out.

I noticed Kelly in my peripheral giving me the thumbs up and the biggest most stupid grin ever.

I don't even know when my baby sister showed up at Kelly's Gate and was standing right next to us and the look on her face gave approval as well.

Make me see if you really a go give him the piece an old Huawei

"auum....-I ah, Can I put my nu-number in yours?"

My subconscious faced palm herself

The words I managed to get out of my mouth were a stuttering mess.

He didn't hesitate to pull his phone and hand it to me. Is a good thing me never give him me phone?

This man has a brand-new iPhone 12 pro max.

That's rich.

I quickly added my number and when I was handing him the phone a notification popped up with the name 'Tracey 💦'

Red Flag. 🚩🚩🚩

Why do I feel jealous, sigh.

And is not your man.

"Great, I will text you mami" he winks and walks away.

When I looked over into the yard Kelly was doing mini jumps. She formed a V with both hands under her chin and was doing silent screams.