Chapter 12 - Wonders

*Cordelia's POV*

"So why don't we start with the powers I already know you have," I say to which y/n raises an eyebrow cheekily.

"Like which?" she asks challengingly.

"In the club, the first night we met, you let a bottle fly across the room," I explain.

"Yes, that's part of my show," she answers with a seductive hint in her voice, "you paid attention..."

"That's telekinesis," I explain further, trying to avoid her flirtatious attitude to stay on topic, "what's the heaviest thing you ever picked up?"

She takes some time thinking about it before answering, "I'm not sure... I usually only lift vodka bottles..."

"Do you think you could lift up my desk?" I ask, pointing to the old piece of antique solid wood furniture.

"Of course," she says confidently and turns around to directly look at my desk. Without saying anything I observe what's happening. She stares at the piece of furniture and looks very concentrated. Since the table still hasn't moved after a few seconds, she stretches her hand straight out to center her power. Clever girl, I think, she already understood the logic behind it...

It takes her another few seconds, but then the table moves. Not much. It actually only wiggles without really lifting up the floor, but still this takes a lot of power and concentration. "Not bad," I say, satisfied with her performance, but she doesn't stop, so I add, "y/n you can stop now..."

"No," she says, still looking extremely concentrated, "I can do this..."

I walk closer to her, put my hands on her shoulders and try to calm her ambitions, "this is about testing your possibilities, not pushing your limits. There is no use in desperately going further. Let it go..."

I hear her audibly breathe out the breath she was holding. She lowers her hand and the table stops wiggling. "Will we work on this?" she asks, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"Of course we will," I say, caressing her cheek, "let's move on to pyrokinesis, the other thing I know you can do..."

"Fire?" She looks at me with a spark in her eye.

"Exactly," I nod, "I know you can create fire, right?"

"I can do a lot more," she smirks and sets a little flame in her hand, letting it dance from one fingertip to another. It's really impressive...

"Nice little trick, but can you set something bigger on fire?" I want to know and she chuckles.

"I once set myself on fire," she smirks.

"No way," I say shocked and impressed at the same time.

"Oh yes," she extinguishes the flame in her hand, "maybe I'll show you one day, but only if you pay for my clothes..."

"Uhm... wow," she leaves me speechless for a second, "were you able to control it?"

"Of course, or did you see any burning marks last night?" She raises an eyebrow. I feel my cheeks blush slightly.

"No... uhm... so how about isolating the flame on a certain area, without burning the rest? Can you do that?" I ask.

"Probably.. like what?"

I lead her to the window of my office and point to the tree that is located in the middle of our garden, "burn that dead branch, without destroying the whole tree.."

"I never tried that... will you be able to fix it if I mess up?"

"Yes, but I somehow have the feeling that you won't...It seems to be your comfort element, fire.. Most witches have one element they are more keen to feel at home with, and that influences the powers they manifest."