II

When Leni heard the word that had been ringing in her ears, she didn't even finish what Bongbong was saying.

Bongbong responds, unsure of what will happen next, "Oh... The President told me that he stopped the operations."

"So you can stop it too?" she questioned, her face calm despite her anger.

"What?" he asked, his brows furrowed. He laughed softly. "Of course not" he replied.

She piqued his interest with, "Totoo? Iba kasi yung naririnig ko."

He inquired, "Anong naririnig mo? Saan mo naman narinig?" He's worried that Leni overheard his discussion with his advisor.

"Bongbong, I was against you running for president. Alam mo yan. Pero sinuportahan kita. Madaming may expectations saakin na tumakbo dahil alam nila ang hangad ko sa bansa." She sighs. "Alam kong, you're only running because your family wants you to. Pamilya mo rin kami. I've given a lot to make you happy and to achieve your goals, kahit na puro backlash ang naabot ko at lalo na sayo," she replied calmly, not wanting to start a dispute. She simply desires a clear argument.

Her words made him a little hurt, and he realized how important the project is to her, as well as her devotion to those whose hopes are in her.

He's enraged, "nakikinig naman ako sayo ah?" "You told me you didn't want to live in Malacañang. I agreed kahit na gusto ng family ko na doon tayo mag stay. And yes, tama ka. I took the presidency because of my family, but I do really hope for good governance. I sacrificed some of my desires para sayo... para kahit nasa position na ako, yung tingin pa rin ng tao sayo, maganda at malinis kasi yan ka eh, yung asawa mo kasi, maduming tao at tanga talaga."

With fierce eyes, they stared at each other.

She sighs hard, "wala akong sinasabi about you and your records... We've made too many sacrifices for each other... I'm sad to hear about what you have to do... ang akin lang naman is..."

"Sabihin mo, gusto mo lang na maging focus ka pa rin ng attention ng tao," he snarled as she was about to say something. "Wala namang problema sa project mo. Do your thing, and I'll do mine. At the end of the day, we're still independent people with distinct desires," he added, adding fuel to their fire.

"so sinasabi mo na selfish ako? After all that i have gone through just to be with you ? Kahit na against my will, ginawa mo pa rin yung mga bagay na ayaw ko. Sinong mas selfish saatin?" She furiously but softly said that the kids might hear them fighting.

"Yes, I am selfish." He sarcastically laugh. "Sobrang selfish ko na I forgot about my wife. Well, my sacrifices have no match with you. Lagi naman akong walang match sayo kasi ikaw na laging tama. Ikaw na yung magaling, matalino and napaka perfect mo. Sorry ha.. ambobo ko kasi." His sarcasm continues.

She can simply sigh to silence his sarcasm. She knows. She had enough of fighting.

"One thing is certain... after all these years, ang alam ko lang na ginawa kong tama ay yung mahalin ka. Ikaw lang yung pinili ko na alam kong sure ako. Alam kong kahit madaming against, ginawa ko kasi nga gusto kong laging nasa tabi mo," he sigh. He turns around to aim for the door. " Pagod tayo pareho ngayon, saka na lang tayo ulit mag usap kapag hindi na mainit ulo natin pareho. " He has the doorknob in his hand. He said, without looking at her, "Good night. I love you." Leaving her in the workplace alone.

She is still enraged, but she is softened by her husband's remarks.

She was just standing in her office, watching him ascend the stairwell.

Bongbong can only sigh in their chamber as he unbottons and removes his polo. He immediately rushed to the shower to cool down.

Leni didn't want to see him, so she went to sleep with Jillian in her room.