4. cornflower

"So, basically, you've got an unrequited crush on this florist guy,"

Jaehyun's eyes widen as he hears the words that are referred to him. Young one frowns a little as he can already feel the heat that burns up within him.

He glares at the man who is sitting on the same pergola bed with him.

The man holds such the same old icy expression as he says those words with the same old relaxed tune. And so, unlike Jaehyun, he is not bothered by his own words at all. So is him taking sips of his beer bottle a sign of his comfort.

Just a second ago, Jaehyun was only focusing on the fact that the man's brown hair has been growing a bit long lately, which seems suiting. Yet by what he just said, Jaehyun is now completely distracted and nervous for sure.

Jaehyun glares at him.

"Hold on! Who said I'm having a crush on Taeyong hyung? Besides, why would it be unrequited?!" Jaehyun asks his questions, all rushed with righteous expression.

Once again, the man drinks a bit of his beer. The instant glare of his almond eyes are quite intimidating for the young boy. He scoffs to witness that Jaehyun's ears are starting to turn red little by little.

"Why do you want to know the reason of it being one-sided when you say that you don't have feelings for him?" He asks.

Jaehyun remains silent and confused.

Once again, the turbulence of his mind gets tangled with a shyness that the young arrogant him tends to deny. So the result is just Jaehyun frowning and murmuring random things really quietly.

Finally, he rises his head again, taking his chance to win the argument.

"I mean! By any chance that I would like this person. Why would he reject one such as me?" Jaehyun tries to sound as righteous as possible.

Once again, the man scoffs.

"Because he is a grown ass adult? And a high school kid is stalking him?"

"I don't stalk him. What the hell?! I just go to his shop, " Jaehyun answers with anger.

"Three times a week." The man continues what Jaehyun refused to mention.

And so, surely Jaehyun is no winner of the argument, so the young one only groans and ruffles his raven hair as it rises in the air. So the man chuckles at the anxious sight.

"You're so mean, John," Jaehyun says and looks away.

"I'm just being honest with you," the man answers.

Aside from Jungwoo who is a friend of Jaehyun from school and some of his classmates that play basketball with him, this man who is sitting on the same pergola with Jaehyun is another friend and rather closest friend of the young boy.

Johnny is his name. As much as Jaehyun knows, he is a college student who has come from Chicago for two years or more. Living a rather suiting life with enough support, renting such nice house to be Jaehyun's neighbor actually. And so obviously, the young one feels the enough closeness to leave aside most of his formal way of speaking while talking to this good friend of his own.

As it has been a habit of the two for a year now, to always meet each other at the rooftop during night time. Sitting on the perloga bed, which is actually set up there by Jaehyun's parents. And so, the two friends sit and take their time to have a chat with each other once in a while.

Jaehyun looks at his friend. As Johnny is busy drinking his beer. This habit of drinking is something that he that does most of the nights and if Jaehyun asks Johnny why is it that he would drink at any night that they meet, Johnny would probably answer by saying that "becoming an adult is nothing more than this"