Chapter 3

You and your now companions are at Diluc's tavern, "So YOU'RE from another world too?" Aloy says, shock imminent on her voice "Yeah, I've only been here for a day and I already miss my home... I have a cat at home, he's been my pride and joy since..." You trail off, not wanting to dampen the mood, "Hey you don't have to talk about it! That's your personal issues and we'll leave you to it, but if you need our help, don't be a stranger, okay?" Paimon says cheering you up a bit, you nod in response.

Soon a moment of silence passes, "I can't believe there's gonna be a war that's about to be staged, I don't know how good you are in combat, so I'll stick by you in case you get hurt. You don't know this world as well as I do and you don't know the capabilities of the monsters here... It's only been a day but I already sense a good feeling around you, and I don't wanna lose that" something inside you flutters as your heart pounds, you don't know why you're feeling this way but you do, and it feels good.

You smile as your face gets a tad bit pinker, and your ears flush a slight pink too. It's nice.
"How do you think the other nations are holding up? You think theres a war staging there as well?" Aloy asks "Liyue has the adepti and Childe wouldn't let anyone lay a finger on Liyue if it means his Zhongli doesn't get hurt, and Inazuma has the Tenryou commission, the Arataki gang, and the Kamisato siblings would try as hard as they can to protect Inazuma. Though I have my doubts, I think they'll be fine" "Once the war is over, we should head over to the other Nations. See if they're all okay or need any help." You suggest, "I agree with Y/n, if there's anything more important it's protecting our friends. After all these years it's worth lending a helping hand!" "Yeah, it would be good... After.. all these... Years." Aether looks down at the table, saddened at how long it's been since he's seen his sister. "You okay there? Aether?" You say, concerned, "Oh, yeah, yeah I'm fine... It's nothing to worry about really!" "Aether, I know what you're thinking about, and you know what? I'll help you find your sister, no matter what it takes I will stay by your side and help you." You say, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder as Aether wipes away a tear that leaked out. He mouths a 'thank you' as he takes a sip of his drink, remembering that, you actually bought drinks. You take a sip of your drink, a moment of peaceful silence passes as everyone drinks together. "-h? Is that so? You really are cute when your jealous..." A smooth voice says, "Kaeya stop were in public..." A softer voice says, "Alright alright... Let me buy you a drink, I wanna spoil you as much as possible before the war." "Is that the quiet Alchemist and the Cavalry Captain?" Aloy asks "Seems so, they're acting like a couple" Aether answers. "Ahh Honorary Knight and Paimon, good to see you again" the cavelry captain says, "Good to see you too Kaeya, and you too Albedo, it's weird seeing you two together, you seem like people who wouldn't get along" Aether says "Are you two by chance... Dating?" Venti sneaks in between "D-Dating? D-Dont fill your head with such bizarre things, Me and Kaeya? Dating? That's stupid" Albedo says, a hint of pink on his face and ears. "Anyway, what are you doing here tonedeaf bard!?" Paimon yells, "Sorry for sneaking up earlier, I heard there was a war storming up?" "So you've heard?" "Mhm! The acting grandmaster was been trying to keep it secret but the wind tells tales both old AND new, I was gonna hear about it one way or another." "So what you came here just to talk about gossip?" Paimon says, "Obviously not!! A new outlander has joined the club, and I wanted to meet them myself!" Venti says, "How'd you know!?" You yell. Causing unwanted attention, "S-Sorry..." You say embarrassed, "How'd you know?" You say with your normal voice, "I have ties with Celestia so... I would know when she pulls someone in" "Wait so you know how to get me out of here right?" You ask, "Sadly, he can't, Aether, and even Aloy thought the same thing but..." "I only know when she pulls someone in, I don't know how she does it, and I don't know if she can put someone back. I'm sorry if it disappoints you to learn that..." "No no! It's fine, I'll find a way to get out of here somehow..." You say looking between Aether and Aloy, "And get you two back home too" a warm smile etches across your face.