funeral • v.d.a & y/n

{mentions of death}

"I want to go back to the past, to the hands of my mom", y/n cried while holding on to her mom's pillow, her tears were staining the white pillowcase. Everything still smelled like her and y/n couldn't handle it, her mom was gone but also still everywhere. Nobody should lose their mom ever, especially not at seventeen.

The breath of the most precious person she knew took her out of her thoughts, "I know y/n. It's okay, I'm right here", Victoria whispered into her ear, she held her close to her while they were sitting at the edge of her mom's bed. Both of them were wearing black clothing, the funeral was in one hour and they were getting ready.

"It's not fair Vic, she didn't deserve it, this", y/n broke out, hiding her face in the pillow. It was really hard for Victoria to see her girlfriend like this, y/n losing her mom has been the worst thing that has happened to her and Vic was trying her best to make her feel better.

"Shhhh, she didn't amore", Vic tried to calm her down a bit and stroked her hair. Y/n started to calm down a bit, she felt a bit better knowing Victoria wasn't going to leave her. They had to leave in five minutes if they wanted to be on time for the funeral, Victoria's black suit had gotten a little wet from the tears but she didn't care at all.

"Y/n love, we have to leave soon", Vic softly said, y/n didn't say anything back, she just wanted to stay there and disappear on the bed just like her mom did. Victoria was the one to find y/n here the day it happened, the way she was holding her mom who had passed without being able to say goodbye. It was terrible, one of the worst things that could've happened.

"We have to say goodbye to her for the last time", Victoria said while wiping away the tears from y/n her face, she put her loose hair behind her ears. Y/n nodded and let go of the pillow, "Promise me you'll be there Vic when they bury her", y/n said, her eyes waiting for Vic to confirm. Y/n had always known Vic wouldn't leave her, but right now she just needed a little more reassurance.

"I promise", Vic nodded and pressed a kiss against y/n her head, she let out a sigh of relief. Y/n build up the courage to go, she placed the pillow away and looked at Vic. "You can do this mi amore", Victoria said while a faint smile made its way to her face, it had been a loss for both of them to lose y/n her mom. She was always smiling and made everyone's day better.

Victoria stood up from the bed and extended her soft hand for y/n to take, which she did. She looked so sadly beautiful in the black dress, she knew her mom would be incredibly proud of the girl she had become. "I love you so much", y/n said, looking at the blonde in front of her. Vic let out a little grin, "I love you more". They held on to each other's hands as they made their way to the door,

no matter what,

they would always have each other

forever.