Chapter 1:Changes

Before u read: In this Au the events of the last episode are altered a bit, Magic is still around, Queen Eclipsa is queen of Mweni, the Butterfly Family are still considered  nobles/royals the worlds are not merged and everyone is older.

Star Butterfly and her friends are all 20-26 years here, including side characters.

Marco's  pov;

"You have to be kidding, Star I thought you said the king of Murel province was all tough and scary",  I laughed in response

"No, no Marco I'm 100% serious the guy was so adorable and he was the size of a plushy I just wanted to pick him up and hug him", She countered.

"And here I thought you had finally outgrown your plushy phase guess I was wrong", I chuckled once more teasing Star

"I have too outgrown my plushy phase! They just make for good company since we don't  get to see each other often", She began biting her lip.

"I know, I know but we aren't  kids anymore like back then we both have college and jobs to attend  to", I sighed.

"Don't  worry Starshine, we'll  get to see each other soon ", I reminded her hoping it would cheer her up .

"Yeah your right, I'll have to call you bag Honey, I have a husy day tomorrow  and if I don get any sleep I just know I won't  be able to get anything  done ", She finished.

"I know I know you get your rest, we'll talk when your free if that alright? Goodnight  Starshine", I replied.

"Goodnight Darling", She continued  cutting the call.

I flopped onto bed again staring blankly at the walls, Ever since Star had chosen to help Eclipsa she hadn't  had a second of free time for just us.

I miss her laugh, her touch, her smile, everything  about her but all we can manage now are a few random video calls and voice ones.

It stings but it is what it is I guess.

It's been pretty calm over here since Star left, I moved away to attend College but I kept my dimensional scissors with me.

Hekapoo insisted I should only use them incase of emergency  so I can't  even use them to visit  Star.

Which sucks, I feel like the only thing keeping me sane right now is Janna.

We've actually gotten a lot closer since Star left, she came out as a lesbian recently  and started dating a girl from campus.

I'm happy for her I really am but now the girl has basically become her shadow, she follows her everywhere, we can't  even hang out anymore because she has this notion i"ll make her bi?

Which I don't  think is possible.

I should probably go do something lying around like this isn't  going to help anything,  and I don't  have class till tomorrow.

I'm not really in the mood for sleep, since nowadays all I seem to get is dreams of Star, which don't  really help anything since she can't  even come visit.

I throw on a pair of sweatpants and an oversized grey tee. It wasn't  exactly  the ideal outfit but then again I really didn't  care much.

I combed my unruly hair into something of bun and took my wallet, and out the door I went.

I always hated my hair, so when I finished highschool I decided to grow it out, though it didn't  turn out quite how I wanted it to, since it only got more tangled and harder to comb.

I also upgraded my wardrobe, since it was kind of drab to begin with.

I walked out into the cold night air and breathed in, My eyes quickly scanned the parking lot for any other students who may have just arrived  and to my delight I was the only one.

Or so I thought until my eyes landed on a particular van parked in the very corner of the lot.

I rubbed my eyes in disbelief as it finally dawned one me who it belonged to.

I instinctively walked up to it hopeful  my suspicions were correct, I knocked on the van door and it instantaneously slid open revealing someone I hadn't  seen in years