A succulent meal (sfw)

A earpieceing knock on the creamy door shook the house. The parlourmaid (Edna) answered the door and greeted a new man tall, clean -shaven man. His presence emanation a harsher and brighter aura. He had came just before dinner was going to be prepared for the Birlings and Gerald.

Edna showed him to the dinning room( which was filled with unique architectural pieces and an assorment of untentials).
She called everyone down for a succulent meal.
Whilst everyone was seated. The Inspector spoke "I am hear to inform you that a young lady has died today"
Mr Birling was the first to talk, he said in a questional tone "Yes, yes, horrid business.
Eric exclaimed" You don't seem too bothered."
Mr birling answered "well I don't see how it's got anything to do with me!"
The Inspector " Well, she was employed at your factory Mr Birling, I'm sure you would recognise her if you saw a picture."
Mr Birling said with a rather prideful tone "Well, lucky for me you haven't got any of the sort"

The Inspector grinned and when over to Mr Birling and showed him the picture. His face went sour. He recognised it but not with fondness.
Mr Birling stammered "well, this sort of business requires lower cost and higher prices. We need to keep labour costs down (12%). This girl was demanding for higher wages which is absolutely abhorrent. She should of known her place!"
Mr Inspector abruptly said " so you fired her"
Mr birling answered" of course. If you don't come down sharply on some of these people, they'd soon be asking for the earth"
Gerald agreeable said "you couldn't of done anything else ."

The Inspector continues his interigation and then moved on to Shelia.

The Inspector said "She got a new place at a shop called Milwards, she enjoyed it very much until she had to go because of a complaint from a customer"
Mr Birling said" causing trouble I expect."
Shelia intruded and said" I was the one who filed that complain it was just because of a stupid thing, I was in a bad mood. "
The Inspector said" Well your bad mood got this girl fired!"
Shelia said emotionally , " I know , I felt rotten about it at the time and now I feel alot worse"

The Inspector finished his integration and went to the attractive chap himself, Gerald.

The Inspector questioned him about the summer in November.
Gerald looks anxiously away from shelia and gavers himself.
Gerald says worriedly" fine! I met her, I saved her from that wrenched place. She looked wearly but she had these eyes -"
(He gets distracted and looks into Eric's eyes and started stumbling on his words and combineds Eric's shy eyes to Eva's)
eyes
Gerald continues " these- shy , hard, dough eyes. So I took her..took her for a meal and offered her a place to stay-"
Shelia frustrated said "So you were the wonderful fairy Prince, you must of adored it!"
Gerald said truthfully "I did for a time, any man would!"
Shelia angrily said, whilst taking her ring of, "Gerald I think you'd better take this with you "
Shelia than left with a huff into the kitchen.

The Inspector looking rather shocked carried on talking the next person whom was The cold -woman herself.

The Inspector said questionably " Mrs Birling you work as someone who helps people financially did you ever have someone who you had a strange encounter with?"
Mrs Birling, reluctantly said " yes, there was this girl who introduced herself as Mrs Birling and she was claiming elaborate fine feelings and scruplets that were simply absurd in a girl in her position!"
The Inspector said" so I can gaver you didn't help her and you were rather prejudices against her case"
Mrs Birling said "yes and I don't take any responsibility!"

Lastly, The Inspector interviewed the squiffy man himself. Eric.

The Inspector turned to Eric and then Eric asked to see the picture.

His face was filled with distress. He remembered who this girl was. She was the only that he sexually assulted whilst being drunk.
He said palely "I knew her she- she was pretty and I was drunk- I didn't mean to hurt her but i was in a state when a chap easily turns nasty. I tried to do everything I could when I found out she was having my baby, I was giving her money, I was supporting her. But then when she realised that I had stolen the money she didn't want it anymore, I offered her everything I could think of in order to help her but I didn't know she would end up like this. I feel quilty , incredibly quilty!"
The Inspector said "Well, maybe you should of tried to try a little harder, just remember, we are members of one body."

Then everyone dispersed and attended to matters that were of high importance.