Chapter 5: Gobber?

3rd person POV:

Location: Berk

time: 7 pm, one day before Hiccstrid marriage.

Stoick was sitting in his chair in the great hall, thinking of how he could get past the formidable defenses of DS9 and how a lot of his allies have broken off friendly relations with Berk in favor of the Sanctuary. He was also thinking about Hiccup at the same time. Just then a message popped in front of his screen. The message had footage of all of Astrid's friends swearing self exile with Dagur and Camicazi as witnesses. His fist was clenched now. And hard. The next picture was one that gave birth to conflict in his mind. It showed Astrid in a wedding ceremony, kissing a man, and that man looked like none other than Hiccup. "He's alive", Stoick said that part aloud. "Yer damn right he is" he heard Gobber say. Stoick was getting angrier as the seconds passed. Hiccup was alive, yet he never told them. His achievements surpassed those of Stoick's. Gobber could see what was happening. "Yer let those kids beat up Hiccup when he was a kid and I let that go. Yer tried to force Astrid to do something she didn't want ter, I let that go too. But if yer try hurt the happy couple, I will not let that go." Gobber said in a threatening voice. This lead to him getting in a fist fight with his best friend. The healer Gothi told him to take his fleet for a sail and cool off, which he did. Only he did not return to Berk. He had only taken 5 ships, including his flagship, the Hotburple and set a course straight for Berserker Island.

Time skip to the morning after the Hiccstrid wedding.

The people of Berserker Island were waking up to the sounds of 'Red alert' as a group of 5 ships were approaching the island. They were Berkian but flying a white flag. They were allowed to dock. Gobber disembarked the ship and the moment he saw Hiccup, lets just say the young Haddock could not breath for a while.

"Gobber...air!" Hiccup managed to speak out. "Its good to know you are alive lad" Gobber said, releasing Hiccup. "I survived somehow." Hiccup said, still trying to catch his breath. He didn't tell Gobber how he survived. Only the high ranking members of the Wingmaidens, Defenders of the Wing, Berserker Island, the Sanctuary and his family knew the story. His family being his wife and daughter. Of course, everyone was curious as to why Stoick's second in command was there and not in Berk. Gobber explained everything that went down before he came here (as mentioned above) and left everyone flustered. Now it was Gobber's turn to ask a question, "Who is that young woman?" He asked, pointing to Zephyr. "That, Gobber, is my..." Hiccup started saying but was punched at his left upper arm, by his wife while Zephyr chuckled at the sight. "Right, OUR adoptive daughter Zephyr" he corrected himself. Needless to say, the feared Admiral had no power against his wife and daughter, because he was outnumbered. 

"Oh, so she is supposed to be like my granddaughter?" He asked, earning a nod from the family of three he was talking to. "Welcome to the family lass!" he exclaimed. Zephyr was reluctant and shot a questioning look at her parents, who nodded, assuring her that he was supposed to be like her grandfather. The 4 had a really long talk, mostly having Zephyr and Hiccup telling Gobber about the events of the past 5 years. Astrid also heard some new ones there. Then suddenly a knock was heard at the door. Zephyr opened it to find Dagur. He rushed inside and informed them that Drago has sent some ships up north, their intentions unknown. That night, they would rest, for tomorrow at first light, the Night Fury would depart to intercept the ships.

***************

Ok this chapter was quite short