Chapter 8: The BrahMos-Part 2

Hiccup, Astrid, Dagur, Mala and Zephyr could do nothing but look at the contents of the building with shock. Inside it were prototypes of all the Indian weapons, ranging from the HF-24 'Marut' attack plane to the Arjun MBT. After looking around for hours, they found what they were looking for. A surface to surface BrahMos and the air to surface BrahMos variant prototype still in the hardpoint of an SU-30MKI. Zephyr saw a gleam in her father's eyes, one she knew well. "We'll be taking the Sukhoi too." She said. They got one of the MI 26 helicopters that Hiccup had somehow fit into the hanger of the Night Fury to transport their finds to the ship. Astrid had stopped asking just how Hiccup had done these kind of things. 

She was snapped out of her musings. Drago's flotilla was there. The cloak system came online and the destroyers couldn't even notice the huge warship coming there way. Once they were in a central position, all plasma weapons open fired. Every time Astrid saw one of Hiccup's war machines in action, she became more and more thankful that her husband wasn't a killer like Drago, because if he was, Berk and the whole of the Archipelago alliance wouldn't have stood a chance. With all of Drago's ships out of the way, the headed to DS9 at all possible speed.

A few hours later, the Night Fury was in dry dock for the 15th time this year, according to Zephyr. "Just how much upgrades and modification does your father have to do?" Astrid asked, deep in thought. "I've learnt to stop asking" was what Zephyr said.

The modifications for the BrahMos on the ship and plane would take a week so they had a lot of free time now. Zephyr was practicing maneuvers on her plane which she name Nichelle. Astrid was doing something to her axe. What ever it was had a 5.56 mm barrel modified to work like a musket barrel involved. Fishlegs was with Ruffnut and Laal. Snotlout like always was flirting with one of the officers and failing hilariously at first glance but when he got a slip with her quarter's number and location, he was surprised. Dagur and Mala were in their room spending quality time while Heather was cleaning her new toy, which happened to be a .50 cal sniper rifle. Hiccup was in a hangar. He was reverse engineering the thrust vectoring nozzles since they could give his plane quite the edge. Trying a kulbit in their aircraft while being inexperienced is basically suicide. By the time he would be done, the fighters would be flying circles in one place. The fleet had half of its ships equipped with the BrahMos now. The wartime factories have been reactivated and now produce BrahMos missiles by the hundreds. 1 in every 4 of the land based missile launchers had the new missiles. This missile in itself won't be enough. Hiccup knew that. 

"Fire" and a loud noise was heard, followed the sound of a mountain falling apart. Everyone stared at the sight with awe and shock. Hiccup had made a railgun. This one wasn't big, instead it was small enough for a fighter. 

"Hiccup please keep that away from the twins" was heard from behind Hiccup. It was Astrid.

But one thing was sure now. Drago stood no chance. All the Sanctuary members had these weapons now. Soon all but those islands loyal to Berk and Berk itself had them. 

A whole lot of kilometers away, a few hundred feet below the surface of the ocean, a behemoth of a submarine was headed at a slow pace towards Berk. Surrounding it were numerous other smaller submarines. This submarine was called the Bewilderbeast and it was formidable. It could fire 40 missiles at once, had 20 pulse laser turrets, could house 15 fighters and the most powerful weapon was it long range nuclear tipped projectile. The problem was that there was only one such shell in existence but the design was such that if the shell lands at an area where the target is outside the blast radius, it won't detonate. Who commanded this submarine, one might ask. Tis none but Drago Bludvist himself. He planned to use that gun on Berk. "We have to push our plans ahead. Send more ship, capture the outer islands. We will use them as a staging ground. First we take out Berk, then the Sanctuary."