05

"and this is our last class of the day, mr. carter. he teaches global studies-"

"yo rosie!" called dylan from drama club.

"sorry cal, yeah dylan?" she excused herself, walking over.

cal watched as she walked over to the redhead and sat on the desk next too him, looking at some papers he had in his hands. calum looked around and found michael. he smiled a bit and walked over to the empty seat next to his.

"told you we had this class together," michael laughed.

"yeah," he chuckled softly, falling silent as mr carter walked in.

soon enough, after a quick lesson, mr carter told them to get into groups and finish the questions of the chapter.

"calum, seen you with roselyn all day today," commented a boy in calum's group named logan.

"uh, yeah, she got told to show me around."

"she's real pretty, huh?" logan chuckled.

"i guess," calum shrugged, looking over and her laughing with her friends and teasing a smaller blonde boy.

he rolled his eyes. she was like that with everyone.

"too bad she's such a dork, if she wasn't, she'd be as popular as andrea."

calum looked over confused.

"andrea spring and rosie used to be best friends, but no one knows what happened between them, they don't even talk anymore."

calum stayed quiet, looking up at rosie.

he had to admit to himself that he was strangely observant of her.

calum noticed she didn't have a cellphone, and got along with most people they passed in the halls. she also was strangely clumsy and always pulling out a snack from her uniform pockets. and she never had her tie on right.

when he realized he was staring he looked down at his work.

thoughts of when they were younger and he first met her flooded his mind.

"you good?" michael asked, snapping calum out if his thoughts.

"yeah, why?"

"you were getting super red."

calum furrowed his brows. "i'm fine."

the bell rang just in time and everyone rushed out. calum stayed with michael because he promised to show him his 'musical talents' in the band room.

he waited and listened to michael talk about how he's been practicing, thinking of whether or not to reveal that he can play the bass guitar.

he looked up at a loud bunch of voices and saw rosie talking to the short haired girl he knew was named dahlia and two boys behind them.

"drama nerds."

"drama?"

"you're looking at your theater club pres, vice pres, secretary and treasurer."

"huh," he said to himself.

rosie had a bright smile.

then he remembered, his mother had tickets to a play at the school.