𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

At JYP High School

Seonghwa and his best friend, Chan, were walking through the school hallways and heading outside. Seonghwa seemed to be a bit distracted by his thoughts as he didn't hear his friend calling his name..

"Hwa!"

Seonghwa shook his head and turn to look at Chan who had a worried expression, gripping the straps of his bag sightly, "Wh-what?"

"What's going on with you today? You've been acting weird since lunch.." he said with concern in his voice

Seonghwa sighed and looked down, "It's nothing, just.. I don't know.."

"Wanna talk about it? I can just listen if that makes you more comfortable. You know I'm here for you" Chan got a nod in response before following Seonghwa outside.

Walking outside, Seonghwa looked for an empty bench so they could sit while talking.. Fortunately, he found one and (speed) walked there so no one else could go before them.

He sat down, Chan sitting next to him but leaving a little space between them because he wanted the other to feel comfortable.. He didn't want to pressure Seonghwa, that's why he also waited until the other was ready to talk..

"Do you remember.. what happened to me last year with my ex? How he was telling everyone I'm his stepbrother, how when you were with us he was all lovey dovey but when we were alone he was.. abusing me?" Seonghwa said quietly but loud enough for the other to hear to which he replied with a small nod, "It's just.. It was awful and I wouldn't want anyone else to experience what I had to go through.. But I think it's happening to someone I recently met.."

Chan furrowed his eyebrows and kept his eyes to Seonghwa who was looking down at his lap, "Who?"

"A guy named Lee Felix"

"Yeonjun's cousin? Wait- I don't understand.."

"That's the thing.. I think Yeonjun is lying to us about who Felix truly is to him. I know it doesn't sound convincing and I need evidence but hear me out.. The other day, when I wenf to the dance club I became friends with two new people.. One named Jisung and the other one was Felix. I had seen them with Yeonjun before but never really approached them since you know I'm kind of shy and awkward to new people.."

"Jisung? As in Han Jisung?" Chan asked and Seonghwa nodded his head, "Oh, I know him, he's in producing club with me.. Sorry, you can continue"

"Anyways, I wanted to find a way to talk to them and I guess being with them in the club was the perfect opportunity to try it out.. We started introducing ourselves and when it was Felix's turn I asked him if he was Yeonjun's cousin.. After I said that, he- He seemed disappointed, sad, upset, I don't know. Not only that but what he said really got me into thinking that he's not his cousin"

"What did he say?"

"He said that he is not his cousin and then asked if Yeonjun told me that. His expressions were also giving me signs that he didn't know anything about it and he wasn't joking or anything.. That's not all though.."

"What is it?"

Seonghwa took a deep breath before looking to Chan, "Have you seen many cousins holding hands or kissing each other's lips?"

Chan once again furrowed his brows, "What?"

"I've seen Yeonjun and Felix.. holding hands and pecking each other's lips while walking to school.. Jisung was with them of course but he didn't seem like he minded or anything which would be weird if they were actual cousins. The thing that made me believe something is not right is that everytime, everytime the three of them are close to school, Yeonjun lets go of Felix and pushes him away kinda harshly from him when Jisung is busy doing something else or just not looking. Then Yeonjun stays behind while Jisung and Felix walk into school and goes somewhere else.. I saw him one time entering a car and there was a girl with him"

"Wait, so- What you're saying is that what is happening to Felix now is what happened to you last year?" Chan asked to which Seonghwa replied with a nod, "Look.."

"I know you probably don't believe me but-" he tried saying, cutting Chan off but he couldn't finish what he wanted to say because the other cut him off as well

"Let me talk, Hwa.. I haven't noticed any of what you just said to me but I know you well enough to believe that you wouldn't say such things without making sure that it's the truth. I trust you. Even if it's none of your business, helping a new friend or someone in general get out of a toxic relationship is a really good thing to do.. It's for their sake after all. I promise we will find the truth and help your friend. And I'm really proud that you're starting to open up about things that bother you again" Chan finished saying, a soft smile written on his face

Seonghwa smiled back and patted Chan's back,
thanking him for his words..

He was really glad he had a friend like Chan.

(edited)

(edited)