𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬

𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞,𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

"Chérie, hello?" I heard my love call out as he opened his door, hanging his bag up.

"I'm in the kitchen!" I called out as he walked in through the hallway. He came over to me and wrapped his arms around me whilst I faced the counter pouring us both a glass of wine.

Handing him his glass of Merlot I let him pull me into a deep kiss. I leant against the counter wrapping my hands into his curls.

"Alors, dis-moi comment était aujourd'hui?" He mumbled into my neck.

"It was lovely seeing Lucy, oh and my room is perfect! It's got these amazing windows that I can see the park outside from. It took ages unpacking all the boxes but it's going to be wonderful when it's all done." He smiled at me as I showed him photos.

"It looks great baby. I actually was hoping you'd have enough room for something..." He smirked at me.

"T? You know I'm awful at surprises." I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, it's nothing big." He tugged my hands into his office showing me the most beautiful vintage desk, it was Louis 14th mahogany. Honestly a dream come true, and it must've cost a pretty penny.

"T!" I jumped on him planting kisses all over his face. "It's beautiful," I breathed, "thank you."

He looked a little shy scratching his head. "It's just a small present, to show you that I plan on spending this life with you. Where you'll be writing on Sunday mornings and I'll be getting us bagels from the bodega." He smiled sheepishly.

"It's perfect." I hugged him. "I love you."

"I'm so glad you like it, I was scared for a second you wouldn't."

"Are you kidding me? It's just like the one we saw in Paris all those years ago."

He grinned at that.

"Wait, T, how did you", I was left speechless, "how did you find it?"

"I didn't." He chuckled.

"You've had it all this time?" I whispered, my heart beaming.

He nodded. "It was in storage for a while, I couldn't bare to look at it without you." He chewed his cheek.

"Oh T," I smiled sadly, "you're the sweetest."

I placed dinner on the table, his favourite dish that we used to go out and eat in Paris. He put on Billie Holiday and after we hung out in the living room, drinking wine, kissing and catching each other up on our days.

"Cara?" He asked as my head was buried into my new manuscript, red pen in hand scrawling away. "Hmm." I replied.

"I wanted to ask you something." I looked over my glasses at him, seeing he sounded serious. I put my book down and hugged my knees towards me. I nodded for him to ask.

"How would you feel if we stopped hiding our relationship?" He asked picking at his nails: he looked anxious with his thick brows furrowed.

"I don't think we've been hiding it baby. I don't want you to think I'm not proud to be your girlfriend."

"No, you're right but I just meant," he sighed, "honestly that article bugged me today. I just want to be able to take you places and it not be speculated on if we're really together. But only if that's something you think wouldn't hurt your mental health." He cradled my face in his hands. "I never ever want to risk that."

I nodded and thought for a minute. "I don't want people to judge me but maybe that's inevitable." Our eyes locked on each other. "Okay." I smiled.

"Really?" He asked, "you're sure, because I don't want to pressure you."

I nodded. "No it's what I want too. We'll get to spend more time together and as long as I have you, I mean I'm still seeing my therapist - I think I can handle my anxiety."

He kissed me softly. "Okay, because I was thinking - instead of entering Frank's gig separately tomorrow, we could go together?" I grinned.

"Of course baby."

"Cool." He smiled and we went back to listening to music as I edited my book.

"I don't want you to worry about Harry, T." I spoke the thought eating up my concentration.

"I'm not." He smiled.

"Good because I love you." He smiled again.

"I know, je t'adore amour." I held his hand and he pulled me off the sofa leading us to bedroom.

His hands gentle, exploring my body with the softest touches. His eyes the most precious mix of hazel and love. He brushed my hair out of my face as he kissed me from my mouth down my body.

We fell asleep, with me safely wrapped in his arms, only the sounds of a city that never slept as our white noise as we drifted to sleep, his hair tickling the back of my neck and his breathing heavy that let my lungs expand and collapse with his hand on my diaphragm.

One small thought nibbled at the back of my head until he found my hand and entwined his in mine. I smiled into the darkness of his room. No, that album wouldn't hurt us. We were in love, what music could ruin that?