Chapter 5-Waking Up To A Performance

The next day

Y/n's Pov

I woke up before my alarm for once, I guess my brain got so used to getting up a hit before 7am. I got my suitcase and looked for something, it was a photo of me and Richard at a concert, I was about 13 in that photo. I finally found it and looked at it for a while, it gave me nostalgic memories.

I finally decided to get up and put my uniform on, I made sure I had everything and left my little room, I was going to see how Josh was doing, I hadn't talked to him since yesterday before I left to start the few days shift.

I heard some soft snoring coming from the room, it was early so it was obviously David still asleep, he looked peaceful, he had his hand on his shoulder to the side.

Suddenly I had gotten an idea, I wanted to practice Space Oddity on guitar, I went in my room and got it out. The beginning of the song was playing in my head, "Ground Control To Major Tom..." the song was playing in my head for timing, I sat down on the nearest chair and got ready, it was facing the door that exits the area so I couldn't see anyone.

"Check ignition and may God's love be with you..."

I sang as I played:

🎵"This is Ground Control to Major Tom
You've really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare"🎵

David's Pov

I woke up all of a sudden, I heard something, I believe it was someone singing along and playing guitar. I got up and put my robe on, as soon as I walked out I saw someone there with a guitar, it was Y/n... she was singing... my song... Space Oddity...

🎵"This is Major Tom to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today"

For here
Am I sitting in a tin can
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do..."🎵

Her singing was absolutely amazing, the most amazing voice I had ever heard... she got every note right, on guitar and singing... she really was inspired by me.

She finished the song, almost as soon as the song finished I heard a loud voice call her name, I quickly hide inside the room, she dashed towards her room not noticing me thankfully.

I put my robe up and layed on my bed, I thought about what just happened, her amazing voice, her incredible accuracy... it was all amazing... I was really tired so I decided to go back to sleep.