OCTOBER

Friday
Today is independence day. It's a public holiday that's just the fun part the bad part is that we've got too many homeworks assigned to us to do and to be submitted on Monday.

I have an English assignment due where i have to write a descriptive essay explaining how i spent my summer holiday.

I was having trouble getting inspired, so I started with;

          "It was a cold and stormy night, ......"

Nah that doesn't fit.

My summer was pretty lousy, our family didn't go anywhere or do anything fun, and that's dad fault. Dad made me join the swim team again, and he wanted to make sure I didn't miss any meet this year.

At my first swim meet last summer, Dad told me that when the umpire shot off the starter pistol, I was supposed to dive in and start swimming.

But what he DIDN'T tell me was that the starter gun only fired BLANKS . So I was a lot more worried about where the bullet was gonna land than I was about getting myself to the other end of the pool.

Even after dad explained the whole "starter pistol" concept to me, I was still the worst swimmer in the team. But I did end up winning "MOST IMPROVED" at the awards banquet at the end of the summer. That's only because there was a two-minute difference between my first race and last one.

That ain't all, my baby cousins spent the whole independence holiday with us. They are all girls, Josie's  age mates. I'm pretty sure she is happy. She will be really excited to play princess tea party with her cousins. And as for me, I'm GROUNDED, so all I have to do is to sit at the front porch and watch how other kids my age have fun while playing football. You know what? That's BULLSHIT!!!

Saturday
Darn it, this kids wouldn't let me sleep. They wake up early in the morning and start making noises at the corridor. What baffles me is how they woke up so early. They didn't even sleep early  yesterday. I'm very sure I didnt do like this when I was a kid.

                                 (10 years ago)
(Evening)
Me: mom, could you pwiss stway with me?
Mom: yeah sure.

(Morning)
(Me not seeing my mom  on the bed with me)
Me: (crying) where's mommy, mommy, mommy
Mom: I'm right here silly.

Okay I might have been worse than them when I was a kid. Well, don't blame me I didn't get to have a friend or a sibling to play with. She's so lucky, she's got relatives her age.

Sunday
Nothing much, we just went to church and escorted uncle Frank and his family back to the airport. As for Josie, she cried all through our journey back home.

Monday
Today wasn't good at all, you remember when I was given an English assignment to do, which says; describe how you spent your last summer. Actually, the question stated that I should describe how I enjoyed it. That ain't all, we were told to read out loud what we wrote in our essay to the class. You know what that means, right? If I knew I was gonna read my homework to the whole class I wouldn't have wrote that shit. Although, it was true, my summer was WHACK.

So I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and read all the not-so-nonsense that I wrote. No one laughed at my essay but the part that got everyone mesmerized was the conclusion. I ended my essay with;
               "Yours sincerely
                Daniel Lynx"

Instead of being disgraced, my essay turned out to be very funny, but it was not funny when I saw my score, a D- , it was okay for a piece of shit like that. Well, that didn't piss me off, as long as I made my Mates like me, it was okay. You probably wondering why I said that.