Chapter 6: Hunting with Wolves

Ademia was awake before Commander Wolffe. She sat on the carpeted floor of her room with a hologram of the Parliament building in front of her while meditating. She had seen Master Plo do this a few times on different missions, with varying levels of success, but it couldn't hurt to try. Eventually she gave up after a few hours. All she could feel was the familiar presence of the Jedi in the galaxy. Though it was comforting, it did not provide the direction she needed for this mission.

She brewed herself a cup of tea and waited at the dining table for Wolffe to get up. It was not long before he joined her. He was dressed in the same civilian clothes he had worn yesterday, and his hair was slightly mussed from sleeping.

"So, do we have a plan for how we're getting into that building?" He asked, pulling out a chair across from Ademia and sitting down. Ademia placed her hologram disk on the table and projected a 3D image of the Parliament building.

"Last time I was here they were advertising tours. I doubt that has changed much."

"They let civilians walk into their government buildings?" Wolffe scowled, slightly taken aback.

"Our senate allows tours." Ademia explained. "Especially for schools, but tourist groups are very common too."

"Interesting." Wolffe said. He propped his elbows on the table and rested his chin on his folded hands. "So we could just walk right in there? Sounds like a security liability to me."

"They will probably have tighter security in the areas closed to tour groups." Ademia took a sip of her tea. "Master Plo and I have infiltrated places with tight security before, so I'm not really concerned about that part."

"We should take a tour, but only to check things out first. I don't want to go looking for the intel without knowing some more details." Wolffe decided. He leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms. "This mission is dangerous enough coming in with as little intel as we have."

"Alright then, we'll use the tour to scout out the area. Hopefully it provides us the information we need. '' Master Plo and Ademia had entered buildings without scouting them out before, but Master Plo wasn't here this time, and Ademia wanted to respect Wolffe's caution.

They prepared to leave for the tour. Ademia made sure the data chip was still safely stowed in her pocket, and her lightsaber was hidden in her sleeve. The journey to the city square where the parliament building was located required another taxi ride, but soon they were dropped off in front of the massive crescent shaped building with cathedral-like spires and stained glass windows.

"Now that is overkill." Wolffe scoffed.

"Hey," Ademia nudged him with her elbow. "Just because it's Separatist doesn't mean we can't appreciate the nice architecture." She teased.

"I find it hard to be impressed by architecture that contains a counsel of war criminals who invade innocent planets." He muttered and glared at a patrol of battle droids that were marching through the square.

"Speaking of invading planets, we should try to make it into a tour, so we can find the intel." Ademia said as she scanned the square.

They walked through the square, looking for tour advertisements. Raxulon had changed since the beginning of the war. Battle droids outnumbered the civilians in the square, and the atmosphere felt a little more dreary then just a few short weeks ago.

Wolffe and Ademia were unsuccessful in finding tour advertisements, or tour guides. Ademia could sense Wolffe's irritation beginning to mount.

"With all due respect, sir, this is taking too long. We need to get inside that building." He said, turning to her.