4

You were once my friends. My most dear ones. I grew up with you. We went to the same school.

I saw the way you distanced yourselves from me. I could see yet I pretended not to.

I showed you my smiles. I wish I hadn't.

I never knew and I still don't know why, you tarnished my name. I will never know what I did to deserve it.

You were so cruel. I was left alone to face the brunt of your actions.

I could hear it. The words they talked about. Their snickers as they spread the rumors.

I was truly alone in that school.

I asked you after a year passed. You cried clinging to me. Telling me you didn't know any better. I chose not to reply.

After all, who will believe the one who broke their trust?

I left you aside although you tried befriending me again. Trying to pretend as if nothing happened. I could have forgiven the others because we met at school and became friends.

But you. I could never forgive you.

Why?

Because we knew each other way back. Our sisters were friends, we played together when we were in diapers. We were together in kindergarten.

We knew each other before we met any of them.

That is why I could never forgive you. Well I did forgive you but that had happened years after. I haven't seen you since.

Although I hold no grievances with you, I still wonder why you decided to tarnish my name.

We were thirteen. Well I was thirteen and you were fourteen. It doesn't matter.

If I were to meet you again, I would probably have forgotten you- I wish I could. So I hope we never cross paths.