𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐| 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 |•••𝐌 𝐀 𝐗 𝐈 𝐍 𝐄

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐
| 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 |
•••
𝐌 𝐀 𝐗 𝐈 𝐍 𝐄

Salty sweet air flows around with bliss, the sun shines onto us leaving sun kissed felt skin. The coastal waves dancing from front to back and the trees sway with every breeze.

All the joyful energy radiating off of a smiley Brook, she lifts her hands up in the air— feeling just as free as the wind. Her caramel skin glowing in the hot summer sun and her black locks tied up in a loose bun, as her black retro glasses rest on the bridge of her nose.

I, on the other hand, haven't gotten sleep for the past 8 hours. Dark circles invading my eyes, my hair braided messily, and my oversized t-shirt wrinkling underneath my weight. Despite, the lack of sleep, I'm quite energetic— no thanks to the many Red Bull cans I had consumed.

It isn't exactly the worse drive, nor is it the best.

We've been blasting all sorts of music through out the drive, Harry Styles, Taylor Swift, Wallows, Lorde, Cage the Elephant, shit you name it. The sun roof no longer blocking us away from the empty highway, so the music basically drained out the silence.

My fingers tap lightly along the rim of the steering wheel, following along the rhythm of Cruel Summer. One arm hung over the car window, "Devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes," I join in with the queen herself, Taylor mother fucking Swift.

I've got to say, I, Maxine Brynlee, am a Swiftie and a hardcore Swiftie for life. But, no one can know that— well, except for Brook of course.. and my Dad.. and Lilian.

"What doesn't kill makes me wants you more."

Brooklyn stares with an amused smile once again, her arm resting lazily over the rolled down window. "Here she goes," she teasingly mumbles, pushing the rim of the glasses closer to her eyes, Brook lifts her legs up, crossing it over one another and adding yet another empty take-out box to the tiny collection on my car floor.

I nudge her with my free hand, unsatisfied with the mess she'd created. "Dude, seriously? My car was clean way before you came in here." I mention, rolling my eyes at her. She childishly sticks her tongue out, scrunching her nose up and furrowing her eyebrows.

"Oh shush, I'll clean it up after." She lazily leans against the leather seat, sneakily reaching for the pack of chips that had been hidden in my glove compartment. A smirk dances across her face. My ears cringe at the sound of an ear-splitting rustle, "One more hour, one more hour." I merrily whisper, gently pushing a strand of hair behind my ear— letting out a worn out sigh.